Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingles

Tenngal: Thanks for the warning and I hope you are all better soon. I went for the Shingrix vaccinations last year with my mom, but I am concerned that my DH and Sis haven't had the vaccines yet. I will continue to gently remind them (nag nag nag).

Recently an acquaintance drove here, pulling a camper trailer. He was suffering from shingles... blinding headaches and muscle pains. I would say he was heavily medicated, but he had doubts about his ability to drive his rig home. I have not heard anything, but I hope he made it all right.

1. Shingles is extremely painful and can lead to lifelong consequences (post-herpetic neuralgia)
    2. Shingrix is very effective at reducing risk

I don't get flu shots but I would consider the shingles shot.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I had severe pain and some red marks on my neck for a couple of days before blisters appeared.

At that point I went to the Dr. and started on Valtrex, an anti-viral med.

OTC meds for pain...……..and they did not take care of it.

I got the first shot yesterday. I had a bit of difficulty finding a pharma that had the vaccine on hand, after several attempts recently.

Back for the second shot in two months.

Tenngal, hope you are feeling better soon.

I did the two shingrix shots last tear. Both times i had a fever for about 24 hours which is apparently normal for people with a healthy immune system. Having known people who’ve had shingles i definitely don’t want to get it.

You guys have convinced us, I'm waiting now for my wife to get home from school so we can run off to the pharmacy for the first shingles shot. We had a hard time finding one but the Sam's Club pharmacy got a new supply today and we were able to get our names on the list as long as we get there today.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Shingles sucks.

I know a woman with shingles in 1 eye. HOLE in her cornea. It is slowly healing and now her Dr thinks it may heal completely. She's been eye-patched for nearly 2 months now.

I will most definitely get the vaccine.

It's interesting, because in my market research, there were some doctors who deprioritized getting the shingles vaccine, but there were other doctors who said it was more urgent to get shingles than both flu and pneumonia vaccines. Those were the doctors who had actually had gotten shingles themselves.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information