Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Shot

Flu Shot

For the first time ever, I had a reaction to my yearly flu shot about 24 hours after I got it. Even as bad as I felt last night (chills, sweating, headache, plus a stomach bug that I don't think was technically related), I knew it would pass quickly. I am now living with a Type I diabetic and it is imperative that he doesn't catch the flu, which can be deadly for him. He HAS to get his flu shot tomorrow, no more putting it off, as it takes about two weeks to really kick in!

That’s too bad on top of everything else that you don’t feel well. I just got the pneumonia shot but don’t do flu shots.

On one or two occasions I've woken up with mild chills following my annual flu shot, but the feeling always passed by morning. Arm usually gets a little sore, but nothing serious.

I get this year's shot Tuesday.

Last year the flu shot was 29% effective. I am not putting all those unknown toxins(?) in my body!

Thanks for the reminder. I’m flying a lot for work. Maybe i’ll get vaccinated this weekend.

I got vaccinated a few weeks ago with no ill effects.

Yes the flu vaccine felt like nothing. I was like "is that it, are you sure it's not a placebo?"

And I only got it because I was told "everyone comes in sick in this office" and that "last year everyone kept getting sick all the time and sickness kept going around the office". And it's not a big office. Probably everyone coming in sick because we only get the state minimum 3 sick days and people don't want to use vacation days.

People, people, don't come in sick, allocate a few vacation days, plan ahead ... Having worked without any paid time off, I have learned how valuable and necessary it really is, more is better of course and long vacation would be nice (ha), but to have it at all.
    Trees don't grow on money

I am required to have it.

And when I went on shift last week, the department's doc snuck up on me and gave me 4 other vaccinations for wacky diseases.

I sometimes have reactions to injections of purely-boring medications - sore arm, swelling, and so on. Sometimes even if it is saline. I'm pretty sure I could run a study showing bad side effects for saline injections, but that doesn't mean it's toxic, or harmful.

Get your flu shots if you are at risk, or circulate amongst people who are, if you have the opportunity to do so. Science says it is a good move.

I got my first flu shot courtesy of the US Air Force during the swine flu epidemic of 1976. I got so sick I really thought I would die and swore I'd never get another. My wife convinced me to get my next one in 2015 after two years in a row of flu symptoms. I've gotten one annually since, my latest one was last Saturday.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Frugal, I totally agree it’s not very effective and I won’t do a vaccine that is needed yearly. It would really add up if you did it every year.

Thread Information