Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forced gaiety aka you WILL participate in the party!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tradd, too bad you didn’t have a dog to dress up and parade around)
    I think I was the most productive person in the office today. Everyone else was scurrying around at the party.

Once every 3 months my 2 Maltese would get groomed near work and get done about 3 on a Friday. It was a paperwork day and I would have them in my office with the door shut disturbing no one. A worker would bring in her 3 grandsons running around and be annoying. She complained about my dogs saying we weren’t a kennel. I said no more kids since we aren’t a daycare.

This thread has reminded me how much I've loved working from home for the past four months since starting my new job. (and hopefully for many years to come). I went to the grocery store across the street at around 4:00 on Halloween to get stuff to make for dinner. The guy in front of me in line was dressed as little bo peep, with a full beard. This being san francisco I didn't really think anything of it. It wasn't until I got on facebook a couple hours later that I even realized it was Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    This thread has reminded me how much I've loved working from home
    Working from home does have its advantages. When we were back in NJ last winter and DH had to go to a hospital 20 miles away for a test that was scheduled around rush hour, we came away from it with gratitude that we live on an island with one blinking traffic light and that's it. And grateful that we don't even have to travel on that one lonely road to get to work! And now that I'm dog-less, my morning routine is, wake up, grab my robe, grab my coffee and turn the corner from my bedroom to my office and start working.

I used to enjoy Halloween when the kids were little, but now I have no interest. I got text messages of the grandkids in their costumes, and that was enough.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I loved Halloween and dressing up 6 dogs and myself when we had lots of kids. Since moving I stopped because we don’t get any kids.

Back when we lived in Jersey City we lived in a 2 family house with another couple upstairs who had an adult child. Our block had families with lots of kids. Both halloweens that we lived there the weather was great so we spent the evening outside hanging out in our driveway drinking a few bottles of wine with the upstairs neighbors and learning all the neighborhood gossip. (upstairs neighbor worked from home and knew everything that was going on) We'd give the kids candy and offer the adults wine. Both nights were super fun and definitely one of the highlights of the time we lived there.

Thread Information