Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

How often?

Do you eat out? I've been reading online that the casual sit down full service segment of f and b has been hurting for some time with no quick fix in sight, so I'm curious if you'all have cut back on meals out? Rob

Do mean actual sit down restaurants or fast food (McD’s, Subway, etc.)?

Twice a week.

2-3 times a week, at least one of us.

Before retirement last year we'd do carry out about twice per week and a sit down dinner at a restaurant every two weeks or so. After retirement I've taken up all cooking duties and have done such a good job we're now doing carry out maybe once per week and a sit down at a restaurant maybe once per month.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Once every week or two.

Probably averaging about once a week. Some weeks twice, some weeks none (but on the weeks I don't go out I tend to hit the grocery salad/prepared food bar once or twice instead which is kind of an in-between going out and cooking I guess).

If it was purely up to me it would be less, but there is often some compromising with other humans who like to eat out more than I do, going on
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    A few times a year. This includes pizza takeout and delivery.

I would have to say once every month or so for a sit down dinner. They are 1. expensive and 2. high in calories. So we limit our eating out. No fast food, pizza (unless part of the once a month), coffee out, etc. But when we do go out, I want a very good meal. We use Yelp and Google to check reviews. Our next one will be Salvadoran.

Here are the numbers of times I've eaten out over a year or so:

September: Took out our neighbors because they repaired our stairs and gave us a handrail. We regretted that decision because the food was mediocre, the service bad, and the bill was high.

Sometime last winter/early spring: We went to our long-standing sushi place with BIL.

2018: I think we went to the pizza place last year and sat at the bar and ordered pizza and watched a football game.

So, we go out to eat maybe twice a year.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information