Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I知 selling my plane

To be fair, John Denver ran out of gas - a rather avoidable condition. Weather impacts small planes more than large ones, and can be a critical factor if one is pushing to get somewhere when conditions are iffy. Many Air Force pilots also fly small planes. I agree that pilot training - and temperament - are crucial. Like that old saying - there are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

How's the boat, dmc? Hope you found a great one! I know absolutely nothing about boats, but really enjoy looking at and riding in them - as long as I have a life jacket, since I float like a rock. . .

Boat is coming along. I just got it home a few days ago, I was waiting for my dock and lift to be completed. The wife is having a few regrets about selling the plane now, she just realized how nice it was to have one. But I don’t have a hangar any longer and there is a two year waiting list to get one. Along with a $100 per month increase in rent . I’m going to look into getting into a club or renting when things go back to normal.

i had my boat engines serviced by a local mechanic, his hourly rate was $20 a hour higher than my aircraft mechanic. And I had to wait 3 weeks for him to get to it.

Oh, lovely! I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from her! Does she have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Oh, lovely! I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from her! Does she have a name?
    Not yet, I’m taking my son, grandson, and a friend out Sunday to do a little fishing. I’ll probably not go to far out this trip, kind of a shakedown run.

Thread Information