Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I’m selling my plane

I’m selling my plane

I’ve decided to sell my plane. We were on a little vacation and on the way from Chicago to SW Florida and I lost a piece of my exhaust. We were not in danger and I landed the plane safely, but the wife has always been a nervous flyer. The engine was making a lot of noise and she was pretty upset. I’m pretty sure she would rather not get in a small plane again.

I drove her to Indianapolis and she flew home on a commercial flight.

this happened on Sunday, I ordered a new exhaust and it was installed on Tuesday. I had a very nice flight on the way home by myself on Wednesday.

I put the plane up for sale on Friday and I’m expecting a deposit check today for my full asking price, Pending a pre buy inspection, which should pass.

We are planning on buying a new house on the water, so this will at least mean the boat budget has gone up.

Thank you. You are no longer in danger. i am with your wife.

—signed,
    iris, nervous flyer

30+ years ago I read all of the airplane crash books. One factual nugget that stood out was the death rate of private plane pilots. Plane Crash was rather high on the list of causes of death, something like 4th, 5th.

I've flown over a million miles, and a pilot who wears a crisp uniform and sounds "mature," confident and experienced on the PA system still makes me feel more at ease. dmc, I'm sure you sound confident and experienced. Maybe you should have invested in a pilot's uniform.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am with your wife as I have personally known several people who died in private plane crashes.

Heck, I'm getting my license this coming year.

I won’t fly in a small plane. My step son is a pilot in the military and has taken my husband up but I am chicken.

I've been in small planes only a few times. I LOVE it! My first time? A woman I worked with had just gotten her license. "Want to go north with me for lunch? I need to get some hours and some touch n' go time". Sure! It was awesome getting a back country tour flying low.

At work on Monday when I told people the response was "why on earth would you go up with someone who has only 50 hours in the air?" "Gotta die sometime. It was great fun".

I'm glad you've enjoyed your plane and wish you the best with a new boat! Now you'll get to fly low

I took an intro course including ground school to learn about flying small planes at the local flying club at a discounted rate. Loved it! The world is so different from that perspective.

Then reality set in. I would never have the money, DH had no interest in going flying with me and I had two kids needing post-secondary schooling. I am really glad that I had that experience though.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

My dear uncle has survived numerous emergencies, and even a few crashes. He crashed one of his planes on an icy runway getting to my wedding. His first crash? He was 9 and built a plane to launch off the giant barn roof on the ranch. Broke both arms but didn't stop him or his love of flight. I'm kind of sad to hear you are selling off, always enjoyed your plane mentions.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I’m not giving up my license, and I have scheduled my medical in a few weeks. I’ll still be able to go up with friends, or rent if I chose.

But it it was really nice to own my own plane and be able to go when I want.

Thread Information