Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “Direct Primary Care” physicians

I don’t look at it as a dollar-value-per-visit option. I see it more as a a quality experience of less management/more physician interaction, and hang the cost which in these cases doesnt seem to be that much.But yeah, costs of the in- office medical tests need to be detailed to make this decision.

From my personal experience and from stories from acquaintances it's a little hard to find a good doctor who will take new patients and/or whatever insurance plan a person has. Stories are it is even harder finding a doctor who takes medicare. I'm middle of the road with my PCP. He has always given good advice but is quick with answers to questions and my comfort level with him is just ok. Doctor quality would be a big factor if I were deciding. It could be the concierge plan gets past some of those issues?

I love my doctor and she spends all the time you need. I only see her in the morning because she gets behind.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    600 patients seems like a very small practice to me. My recently retired MD had 3,000 patients.
    This is a guaranteed income of $45k/month. Why take more patients? And yes, many docs have 3000 patients on the books. Many don't come in even once /year. But with GUARANTEED income, no need to have more.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have a half-baked theory that the MDs running behind schedule are often the better ones because they give their patients extra time when needed.
    Consider your theory fully-baked: a friend of mine is a family practitioner at a suburban clinic with a large healthcare group up here and he says he is constantly dinged at reviews for "spending too much time with patients".
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Consider your theory fully-baked: a friend of mine is a family practitioner at a suburban clinic with a large healthcare group up here and he says he is constantly dinged at reviews for "spending too much time with patients".
    I agree. I LOVE our doctor--DH utilizes him far more than I do, but he spends a lot of time reviewing, talking, advising and even scolding, and engaging in good old-fashioned small talk. We don't love sitting and waiting our turn, but we know we wait because the people he's seeing are getting the same attention we know we're going to get when he finally gets around to seeing us.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Thanks for corroborating, Steve!

Thread Information