Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The smearing of Vindman

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wonder why the republicans haven't been strategically leaking anything, but instead choose to whine about the process they put in place a few years ago when they ran the House.
    I’ve wondered about that too. Either Republicans are people of such high principle that they would never stoop to leaking, or the people running the committee are keeping the identity secret from the minority members.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    This thread was about this particular military officer.

Yet "whistleblower" is thrown up, here, by folks. "In this case..." seems to be referring to...what?

Odd. Almost like they want to distract.

Play on.
    In this case, the whistleblower is the person who filed the initial complaint, rather than the people who were subsequently subpoenaed.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In this case, the whistleblower is the person who filed the initial complaint, rather than the people who were subsequently subpoenaed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You don't actually have to be in the hearing to know what's being said. Yesterday morning on Morning Joe they read their favorite parts of Lt. Col Vindman's opening statement before he had a chance to make them.
    I believe Vindman gave a copy of his statement to the press ahead of his testimony.

The whistle blower went through the correct channels with his/her information. It wasn't up to him/her to investigate it, too.

Trump has committed more impeachable offenses than anyone in my long memory; no other president comes close, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I believe Vindman gave a copy of his statement to the press ahead of his testimony.
    Realizing that the Google machine can be useful at times I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to find out how everyone got the opening statement before he gave it. I've followed links to CNN, NBC, CBS, NPR, NYT and Washington Post initial story's regarding what he intended to say. Each one failed to mention how they got the transcript but all credited the member of their staff who did get it. I wonder if the Lt. Col. has a preferred contact at every major media outlet?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Realizing that the Google machine can be useful at times I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to find out how everyone got the opening statement before he gave it. I've followed links to CNN, NBC, CBS, NPR, NYT and Washington Post initial story's regarding what he intended to say. Each one failed to mention how they got the transcript but all credited the member of their staff who did get it. I wonder if the Lt. Col. has a preferred contact at every major media outlet?
    Baseless speculation to smear an honorable American Hero.

This went downhill fast. A US Army Lt. Colonel has been serving his country for years. His numerous medals include a Purple Heart from an IED attack in the Iraq war in 2003. He became a foreign area officer specializing in Eurasia in 2008 and his current position as director of European affairs with the NSC in 2018.

He was on the phone during the Ukranian call. What makes anyone feel he is a traitor for telling the truth? What makes anyone feel they have the right to accuse him of wrongdoing or bias after his distinguished career.?

distract, mislead, talk about the whistleblower or make remarks about other members of this board is cowardly. Is there any evidence he would ruin his career by lying to Congress?

this is why there is so much hatefulness going on right now. I never said Obama or CNN/msnbc etc. were without fault too. Certainly there are things they have done wrong. CNN has made many mountains out of molehills and has missed the mark on their reporting at times. This particular incident was particularly disturbing to me because here is a man that was smeared without evidence he was a spy or not a patriot or made things up because he is a never Trumper. All without a shred of evidence by talking heads and his commander in Chief. Absolutely appalling behavior towards a man who has spent his life serving his country.
    If there is evidence of these so far baseless claims, bring them forward.
    active as well as retired military deserve far more respect from a nation of spoiled entitled know it alls. I’d like to see them go to Iraq into battle and face the conditions and danger there.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Baseless speculation to smear an honorable American Hero.
    Or informed speculation to imply that the Democrats are selectively leaking everything they believe will influence their base all the while not believing for a moment that the Lt. Col. leaked his own statement. I guess we're at the point where it depends on what you want to believe.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’ve wondered about that too. Either Republicans are people of such high principle that they would never stoop to leaking, or the people running the committee are keeping the identity secret from the minority members.
    Would watergate have turned out better if we’d known Deep Throat’s identity?

Or informed speculation to imply that the Democrats are selectively leaking everything they believe will influence their base all the while not believing for a moment that the Lt. Col. leaked his own statement. I guess we're at the point where it depends on what you want to believe.
    do you believe he is a liar, traitor, never Trumper or spy?

Thread Information