Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The smearing of Vindman

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    do you believe he is a liar, traitor, never Trumper or spy?
    No, no, no and no. Have I said anything to make you think otherwise?

On second thought he may be a never Trumper since professional military personnel seldom involve themselves in something as political as this, at least they didn't in my day.

He may also be a budding novelist doing advance publicity for a future best seller. Most of the media is doing up the Great American Hero thing for him. Even the most principled might feel the desire to cash in if they can.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, no, no and no. Have I said anything to make you think otherwise?

On second thought he may be a never Trumper since professional military personnel seldom involve themselves in something as political as this, at least they didn't in my day.

He may also be a budding novelist doing advance publicity for a future best seller. Most of the media is doing up the Great American Hero thing for him. Even the most principled might feel the desire to cash in if they can.
    Anyone employing Occam's Razor to try and deduce his motivations would probably disagree with your wild conspiracy theories.

This poor guy is being dragged through the mud. I feel sorry for him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Anyone employing Occam's Razor to try and deduce his motivations would probably disagree with your wild conspiracy theories.
    LOL, just giving flowers additional choices to accuse others of believing.

Although I was serious about the possibility of him being a never Trumper (as Seinfeld might say, 'Not that there's anything wrong with that'), otherwise I can't explain his motivation to provide opinions along with whatever facts he may be asked to share. Professional military members don't normally share their political opinions without some other powerful motivation. It's almost unthinkable to have one be a star witness in an impeachment inquiry.

I also think having the committee and the media focus on him among all the other potential witnesses and having him appear in full uniform was a master stroke for those shaping public opinion. That's not a wild conspiracy theory but rather a valid possibility I'd think inquisitive minds would like explained. Or if our members here are indicative of the population at large, maybe not.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Although I was serious about the possibility of him being a never Trumper
    I read on facebook the other day that Deep Throat was a "never nixoner". Given the recently deceased Mark Zuckerburg's (I also just read about his unexpected death on facebook) political leanings I wasn't at all surprised to learn this about Mr. Throat.

Please come back and share with us your evidence once you have more than completely absurd conspiracy theories to back up your hypothesis. And maybe stay away from the brietbart and fox "news". It'll be good for your rational thinking.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Although I was serious about the possibility of him being a never Trumper (as Seinfeld might say, 'Not that there's anything wrong with that'), otherwise I can't explain his motivation to provide opinions along with whatever facts he may be asked to share. Professional military members don't normally share their political opinions without some other powerful motivation. It's almost unthinkable to have one be a star witness in an impeachment inquiry.

I also think having the committee and the media focus on him among all the other potential witnesses and having him appear in full uniform was a master stroke for those shaping public opinion. That's not a wild conspiracy theory but rather a valid possibility I'd think inquisitive minds would like explained. Or if our members here are indicative of the population at large, maybe not.
    Think what you like. Insult everybody who doesn’t agree with you if it makes you feel superior. No matter how much spin, conspiracy theories and outright lies are spouted over the internet or airwaves, I prefer to see proof of claims.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Think what you like. Insult everybody who doesn’t agree with you if it makes you feel superior.
    Please allow me to go on record as saying that I do enjoy having a little fun with these discussions but it is never my intention to insult anyone, that is not fun. Maybe we can re-engage in the next thread since I seem to be a distraction on this one.

I don't get it. I would think it would be perfectly normal for an active military officer to appear before congress in his uniform. Anyone who goes against Trump gets his own special derogatory label, but I suspect they are all never Trumpers inside Donald's head.

Soon Vindman's name will fade into the other cast of characters testifying, but the most important witness has spoken, "I would like you to do us a favor, though".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I don't get it. I would think it would be perfectly normal for an active military officer to appear before congress in his uniform.
    Okay, one last thought before I step away from this thread. The military takes great pains to remain apolitical, the Lt. Col. was attached to the NSC and was representing that agency during his testimony. I think it was a political decision to have him wear his military uniform for the cameras, whether he made that decision himself or it was suggested by someone else is a mystery to me but I do truly believe it was improper for him to do so.

Thread Information