Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If you were a billionaire

Charity is the only reason I can think of for wanting a fortune of that size, but distributing the monies involved among all the need in the world would be a huge responsibility. Buying corrupt politicians isn't my cup of tea.

I can think of a lot of reasons for wanting a fortune that size, ranging from generosity to virtue signaling to power to freedom to security to whims both savory and unsavory. Maybe even the pure spiteful pleasure of irritating the people who resent the existence of fortunes and their owners.

I suspect itís a lot easier to put imaginary money where oneís mouth is than the genuine article.

Reportedly, many past winners of lotteries have been unhappy and broke in a short time. Not sure if that is still true as more experience and knowledge about how to protect oneself has become more readily available. That is not the point of this thread but I suspect handling large sums of money require expertise beyond the average person's knowledge. I am including this post to ask if any of us can realistically answer the original question the OP posed?
    Fun considering this possibility though.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

If all the money I've spent (and mostly continue to spend) foolishly were miraculously restored to me, I'd buy a small house or condo outright and move in at my leisure, while rehabbing this place to sell.

Thread Information