Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If you were a billionaire

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I got an interesting insight from my boss about buying lottery tickets. When she was asked if she bought lottery tickets, she said she didn't because she "works too hard." I think her point was her work has the real value, and winning the lottery would cheapen it. I've always kept that in the back of my mind (even as I'm scratching off letters in the crossword ticket DH buys for me now and then

I have always thought I would rue the day I won a big lottery.
    Okay, my good friend, catherine! - so if you win big on one of your crossword scratch-offs, you can contact me and I shall ease your burden - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I got an interesting insight from my boss about buying lottery tickets. When she was asked if she bought lottery tickets, she said she didn't because she "works too hard." I think her point was her work has the real value, and winning the lottery would cheapen it. I've always kept that in the back of my mind (even as I'm scratching off letters in the crossword ticket DH buys for me now and then

I have always thought I would rue the day I won a big lottery.
    I say the some thing as your boss. I work too hard for my money to waste it on a ticket. For all the lottery tickets that are bought, how much money is wasted? Lotteries administration make the huge salaries; a few people win prizes - just enough to keep people enticed to keep throwing money away.
    I was at a local store to pick up some items held at the customer service. A woman with a worn out winter coat and shabby toque and purse was buying lottery tickets - $25 worth. Does she do this every week? She had brought her older tickets in for verification and won just a few dollars. 25x52+$1300/yr possibly being spent? Lotteries are a lousy form of addiction that seems to target the most vulnerable. Keep the price low to attract those with limited means and handing out minimal amounts in winnings. So many tickets are sold. Sometimes the lineup to buy lottery tickets is quite long and aggravating when you are waiting to make a purchase.

I confess that I bought one ticket with a group once to help complete the required number for that group but declined to ever repeat. I work too hard to waste my money.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quit my job, and adopt a bunch of elderly dogs. And hire someone to look after them when I'm travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Quit my job, and adopt a bunch of elderly dogs. And hire someone to look after them when I'm travelling.
    Are used to think I would if Rich run a home for elderly bulldogs.

Then one day I looked around my house and found – a bunch of elderly bulldogs. So I guess I ended up here anyway without winning a lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Are used to think I would if Rich run a home for elderly bulldogs.

Then one day I looked around my house and found – a bunch of elderly bulldogs. So I guess I ended up here anyway without winning a lottery.
    The bulldogs sure won the lottery though!

Thread Information