Thread: Air bed for guests?

Air bed for guests?

I've been thinking about this for awhile, since we don't have an extra bedroom for when our kids come to visit. For awhile, one of them had an air mattress, but I guess it died.

Any suggestions on a good brand? I would want the kind that is higher up and not so low to the ground. I would want a pump that comes with it and it can be easily filled and emptied and easy to fold up and store.
    Anyone have any experience with a certain brand you could recommend? I know there's a big price range.

What size is most appropriate for 2 people? I think you don't want to get close to an edge on these. Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks!

We have a queen size one with the pump inside. I don’t know the brand but it’s pretty tall and comfortable.

I remember inviting myself to friends in GA who had recently moved there and therefore they didn't have every room set up. They provided an air mattress, and it was just fine.

For two people, I would definitely go for a queen size.

Not sure if one company is better than the other.

Dick's Sporting Goods has a pretty good selection, but I'm sure you can look online and get a good idea of what's available. I think the pump is pretty standard on most of them.

My son has a very small camper, which he keeps on our property. When it gets cold, he comes in and sleeps on a hard couch--but I have a memory foam topper that makes a ton of difference.

The aerobeds that you can pump and deflate yourself are all pretty good, I think.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I just gave away a queen air bed with pump. It crackled when one rolled over. I didn't need it any more and it was taking up space so I got rid of it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I stayed on one with a pump when XBF and I visited his mother (several times). You land up rolling into a hollow in the middle of the bed. Sleeping on a couch would have been more comfortable.

SO had an air mattress when i first met him. (He had moved cities every few years and had wanted to travel fairly light. ). My problem with it was that it was like sleeping on a trampoline. SO’s a hefty guy so every time he rolled over i got bounced pretty good. For single people or heavy sleepers this might not be an issue.

Thanks everyone. Just talked with DD and it sounds like her SO doesn't like airbeds and prefers to sleep on a foam pad on the floor and she prefers the couch. DS and wife moved closer so they probably won't ever stay over night. So I guess for now, I won't get one. Fine with me. One less bit of "stuff" to not have to deal with....

Thread Information