Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Boy, that Dow

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    How are the states keeping people out?

In St. Louis we border Illinois. Missouri is now open and Illinois closeD down but people have to travel back-and-forth between work. Somehow I doubt Illinois blocking the bridges to keep people out.
    Maine has closed the motels. They are supposed to open June 1 but supposedly only to people who have completed the 14 day quarantine. You are supposed to enter Maine and stay in your quarantine house indoors with no trips to grocery etc.
    Supposedly people are cancelling trips to obey the law or are breaking the law. It is punishable by 1000 fine and six months in jail.

South Lake Tahoe gives each person a thousand dollar fine if your driver’s license doesn’t have a local address.

Well, all that seems draconian, but as I am a states rights advocate I support the states in doing whatever they choose to do within reason.

I just read in the Portland paper that next week they reopen the Maine Trolley Museum, but to Mainers only.

That's the kind of thing that seems dumb to me.

I think I’m back to even ytd. I rebalanced back when the market was higher, and bought back in when it was lower. I did not sell at the high or buy back at the low, but close enough. If it goes much higher I’ll have to sell some again to keep my asset allocation where I want it.

im still up nicely over the last 3 years.

Guess I should have keep more, and I’m now up ytd. I’m a little over 50% stocks now, ill just leave it there for now. I still don’t see how the market is doing as well as it is. I’m guessing the powers that be are either betting on not much happening since there was not a blue wave, but still see stimulus money poring in.

Housing prices are up also. I guess that’s a combination of low rates and more people moving south.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Housing prices are up also. I guess that’s a combination of low rates and more people moving south.
    Housing prices are up in Minneapolis/St. Paul, too. Those folks aren't moving south. Maybe it's just another market index that defies common sense.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Guess I should have keep more, and I’m now up ytd. I’m a little over 50% stocks now, ill just leave it there for now. I still don’t see how the market is doing as well as it is. I’m guessing the powers that be are either betting on not much happening since there was not a blue wave, but still see stimulus money poring in.

I am aiming to get back to an allocation of 10% cash, 45% fixed, and 45% stocks but it will not be til middle of next month, as I have a cd coming due and will not put it back in fixed. This is what I feel most comfortable with right now and going forward, as I will be 65 in the spring.

So glad you are back up for the year! Still working on it.

Thread Information