Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: November Purge

  1. #11
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,912
    I got rid of several newish hand towels that must be mostly polyester because they are completely non-absorbent. What is the point of having towels that are non-absorbant?

  2. #12
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I got rid of several newish hand towels that must be mostly polyester because they are completely non-absorbent. What is the point of having towels that are non-absorbant?
    I think towels must be 100% cotton.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,062
    A bunch of papers, starting to fill up the bin again for burning.

  4. #14
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,912
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think towels must be 100% cotton.
    agreed.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I spent a productive 1.5 hours in the cellar today. Cleaning our cellar is like shoveling sh*t against the tide, but at the moment I have at least the illusion of progress.
    Nice! I know what you mean. I clean out a section of a room and when I look at the other section it feels like it has accumulated more items, but I swear I'm actually removing items from the house.

  6. #16
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by oakandbee View Post
    Nice! I know what you mean. I clean out a section of a room and when I look at the other section it feels like it has accumulated more items, but I swear I'm actually removing items from the house.
    Funny how that works, isn't it?
    I think the key to our cellar issue is to stop using it as a purgatorial way station for things that just really need to go out the door. Easier said than done!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Funny how that works, isn't it?
    I think the key to our cellar issue is to stop using it as a purgatorial way station for things that just really need to go out the door. Easier said than done!
    Boy, the purgatory issue is so true. I am going to spend a half a hour a day down there for the next month, see if I can't reduce the sheer number of stored things.

    Ugh, it's so cold down there.

  8. #18
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,912
    At work I used to have a purgatory status where I deliberately kept paper documents for what I thought would be a short time like six months to a year. If I didn’t need that information in it’s handy form after that time, I pitched it.

    This was for some key documents not for everything.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,970
    We had a basement in Wisconsin where things went to die. After 14 years we moved and what a job. Now my husband has a huge shed and small garage. Luckily he goes out of town occasionally)

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,112
    We have an old, unfinished stone basement which is currently housing unused workout equipment. I think I'm going to start suggesting a clean-out in the spring. Gives me time to get people used to the idea.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •