Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November Purge

I got rid of several newish hand towels that must be mostly polyester because they are completely non-absorbent. What is the point of having towels that are non-absorbant?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I got rid of several newish hand towels that must be mostly polyester because they are completely non-absorbent. What is the point of having towels that are non-absorbant?
    I think towels must be 100% cotton.

A bunch of papers, starting to fill up the bin again for burning.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think towels must be 100% cotton.
    agreed.

I spent a productive 1.5 hours in the cellar today. Cleaning our cellar is like shoveling sh*t against the tide, but at the moment I have at least the illusion of progress.
    Nice! I know what you mean. I clean out a section of a room and when I look at the other section it feels like it has accumulated more items, but I swear I'm actually removing items from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by oakandbee View Post
    Nice! I know what you mean. I clean out a section of a room and when I look at the other section it feels like it has accumulated more items, but I swear I'm actually removing items from the house.
    Funny how that works, isn't it?
    I think the key to our cellar issue is to stop using it as a purgatorial way station for things that just really need to go out the door. Easier said than done!

Funny how that works, isn't it?
    I think the key to our cellar issue is to stop using it as a purgatorial way station for things that just really need to go out the door. Easier said than done!
    Boy, the purgatory issue is so true. I am going to spend a half a hour a day down there for the next month, see if I can't reduce the sheer number of stored things.

Ugh, it's so cold down there.

At work I used to have a purgatory status where I deliberately kept paper documents for what I thought would be a short time like six months to a year. If I didn’t need that information in it’s handy form after that time, I pitched it.

This was for some key documents not for everything.

We had a basement in Wisconsin where things went to die. After 14 years we moved and what a job. Now my husband has a huge shed and small garage. Luckily he goes out of town occasionally)

We have an old, unfinished stone basement which is currently housing unused workout equipment. I think I'm going to start suggesting a clean-out in the spring. Gives me time to get people used to the idea.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Thread Information