Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Purge

oakandbee

November Purge

​This is my first thread so hopefully I'm doing it correctly...

Yesterday was a great downsizing day. I sold one of my bikes, and I gave away a desk and bureau on Freecycle.

Next up is the bookshelf. Hopefully I can sort/pack/donate the contents and post the bookshelf by Friday.

Yay, that is a lot of bulk gone!

Great start for a November purge thread! I will post when I restart my declutter mission this month. thank you for starting this.

Good work! I don't think there is really a right or wrong way to do this; it's kind of free form.
    I got Mom to go through her scarf collection with me today which took over an hour. Lots of scarves out, maybe 30 - 40, but I did not count them, oddly enough. She probably kept about 20.

Yppej
    Worn clothes, a worn sheet, and paperwork. I burned a binful of papers now that we are in fireplace season.

The bank branch I work at is having a clothing drive this month for the local shelter. Good excuse for DH and I to go through the closets and drawers and find some gently-used items we don't wear.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    Some paper plates gathering dust and dingy plastic utensils. I think at some point these items actually looked fine.

oakandbee
    Nice job, everyone!

Thanks, Iris! You're so right about the bulk. It's amazing to see space instead of furniture.

I cleaned out the bookshelf. My MIL wants it so it'll wait till the end of the purge, but at least it's empty.

oakandbee
    I gave away an over the door shoe organizer via Freecycle. I boxed up the shoes it contained to be donated. Also in the donation bag: my down coat, snow pants, and a fancy interview shirt.

I realized that my driver's license will be expiring 6 months after we move. I'm letting it expire. One less thing

I spent a productive 1.5 hours in the cellar today. Cleaning our cellar is like shoveling sh*t against the tide, but at the moment I have at least the illusion of progress.

Thread Information