Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Purge

Happy, you can sell the equipment. I bought a carry on called travel pro that is small but expands so it holds a lot. I bought one for DH and also one suitcase to check in light of our trip. I am going to take the unwanted luggage to the thrift store today.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Happy, you can sell the equipment. I bought a carry on called travel pro that is small but expands so it holds a lot. I bought one for DH and also one suitcase to check in light of our trip. I am going to take the unwanted luggage to the thrift store today.
    TT, that would be my hope! But the ultimate goal is to be rid of it. LOL. The carry on sounds interesting. Is Travel Pro the name I can google to see it?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yes it was developed by a airline pilot and stewardess. It holds so much stuff. I got my first small carry on at Ross for half price at 50. He wanted one plus another one to check. I found that they have a outlet store online so got both pieces for 111. So besides Craigslist also try Letgo, OfferUp and Facebook marketplace to sell your items. It’s quick and easy and I have sold most anything posted. Just remembered you can sell on Nextdoor.

Thanks for the info, TT.

I've been having an "in house" day. I have the living room cleaned and holiday decorations out of the closet. I did put our simple, single string of lights up outside, as the weather is decent and I don't know how long that will last. Anyway, in all the cleaning, I've also been purging/shredding "trip" stuff, from two separate trips taken in 2010 and 2018.

I'm counting that as "purging". LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Just finished cleaning a closet! All our in-house tools are in there and they were such a mess; I finally got fed up looking at it. Reorganized the entire tool shelf - several things ended up in the garbage, and a bag of duplicate tools, nuts, bolts, etc are now in the donation piles; and a couple things are in the "yard sale" stack. I can walk the length of this closet now and find what I want/need!!!! I'm so happy!!! LOL,

This is embarrassing: we pulled down all of our fake greenery from our 3rd floor storage area. Here’s the inventory:

4 Christmas trees
    12 garlands
    4 wreaths

That is some Xmas hoarding there. I already jettisoned several wreaths last summer, after offering them free on .craigslist with no takers. That does not address ornaments and lights, still have to pull those out.

Yesterday I offered the tall (10’) tree to my immediate neighborhood and someone is coming to get it today.

I offered garlands to my immediate neighborhood, no takers yet.

The other stuff, not so wonderful, I will drop off at Goodwill.

I decided to keep the very tallest tree, 11’ and very skinny, because I like tall skinny trees, they are easy to fit into a small space. I’ll decorate it this year, but may not keep it beyond January 2020.

I dont always set up onemof these fake trees and in recent years I have been using real trees. I used two of the fake trees in 2016 whenI decorated my friend’s house for our neighborhood Holiday House Tour, so they do get used for i portant events.

But the fake stuff isnt moving to Hermann with us.

I ditched the fake Xmas tree 5 years ago. Too much work to decorate.

We got our first ever fake tree last year - invasive insect species in our area and warnings went out about trees. I actually like it as putting up and taking down is easy and I can do it whenever I want. I think, however, that this may be my next "tree":

https://www.engineeryourspace.com/gi.../#.Wfrzd1vWyUl

LOL.

IL, I am impressed you are moving along the Christmas stuff, especially the fake trees.
    I have a fake tree and last year I didn't even put it up, as we like real trees better. But the prelit fake is very easy.

I will give it another year but maybe, if we move, we won;t move it.

I have very happy memories of all the real trees we've cut/bought over the years, including a free one on Christmas Eve when I was driving home from working at IKEA all day.

As a one time Christmas decor queen, both kinds have advantages.

The fake trees can be up for an unlimited amount of time since they dont get old and dry. They are very easy to hang decorations on, you can use the bendy parts to hold ornaments and lights. Downside is: they take up storage space.

Fresh trees are nice because they smell nice and you can jettison them at the end of the holiday season. They also look nicer than the fake stuff. Downside is they drop needles everywhere and they get old and brittle, and they stick me when I decorate them. Also, at the moment, I am fighting A plant allergy so I do not need any more plants in my living room.

Thread Information