Thread: Wonders of modern medicine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wonders of modern medicine

Apology in advance for not jumping on the Bandwagon of “United States healthcare is sh$tz” and etc. in victimology. But I can’t help it if I have a super great incident to report, right?

DH has always had extremely bad eyesight. He is scary blind without eyeglasses. He has always disliked swimming because he cannot see without glasses.His spectacles cost over $1,000 when we buy new frames and lenses, so usually we just bought the lenses, very expensive. (I will not whine here about having no vision insurance because you know what? We just write a check for it. We are grownups who can afford this stuff because we budget for it. Anyway…)

So, he had cataract surgery. He waited until he was on the government dole because it was less out of our pocket covered by Medicare than when it was covered by our previous insurance. Still I think both lenses will cost over $6000 out of our pocket. And that is perfectly OK because…

… He now has nearly perfect vision after the surgery.!!! His surgeon got a new kind of lens not used before, and he had a wonderful outcome from it. She used it first on him. Others in her practice have followed in the 2+ weeks since his surgery and she says is it outperforming her expectations.

we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate these successful eye operationS. Never did we think in previous times that, as an old man, he would get better vision. The miraculous Lasik surgery of decades ago wouldn't help him.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-8-19 at 10:08am.

Thread Information