Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: OK Boomer

Disgust is not hate. I won’t do something legal but unethical and have no respect for people that do.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Popular culture’s favorite stock villains are wealthy creeps.
    Please tell me you are not feeling sorry for Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Cosby, R. Kelly, and other rich perverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Disgust is not hate. I won’t do something legal but unethical and have no respect for people that do.
    I think we all do things on the regular that others consider unethical.I do think there are degrees of ethical wrong, so I am not saying it really matters or it really doesn’t matter, I’m just saying.

I really don’t see how taking tax “dodges “in “loopholes “for the big rich people is any different than a little people taking the same deductions and etc.

I have a friend that lives in Texas and her parents had a lot of money. When her mom needed to go to a nursing home they consulted a lawyer. He sheltered so much of the money that when both parents died she inherited a lot. I don’t think the surviving spouse should be impoverished but taxpayers paid for care that they could afford. That’s unethical.

In the same vein, what about the seminars for high school parents by experts who teach ways to hide money so that they can lie about assets on the FAFSA?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Please tell me you are not feeling sorry for Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Cosby, R. Kelly, and other rich perverts.
    Can’t I despise rapists on their own merits without adding a modifier?

I have a friend that lives in Texas and her parents had a lot of money. When her mom needed to go to a nursing home they consulted a lawyer. He sheltered so much of the money that when both parents died she inherited a lot. I don’t think the surviving spouse should be impoverished but taxpayers paid for care that they could afford. That’s unethical.
    I don’t think it’s that easy to shelter money from Medicaid.

One of my friends, a single woman, got her mother’s house in her name quite a few years before her mother went to a public nursing home. I never talked to her about the ethics of it because she did it years before any look back period woukd kick in she was in the clear. she considers herself poor, the house was pretty modest (I’m thinking well under $100,000) and she split that money three ways with siblings when it sold.

Maybe it’s because I like her, although I think she’s kind of stupid with money but not totally stupid with money, to me this was her single chance at having a modest stash for retirement. I assume she put it in the bank and would be disappointed to hear if she blew it.

IL, this was in Texas about 25 years ago. They hired a attorney who specializes in that. She is a good friend so I know it’s true.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Can’t I despise rapists on their own merits without adding a modifier?
    They got away with it for as long as they did because they had money for good lawyers.

When retired billionaires have surgery and the bill is paid by Medicare resulting in a loss just to breakeven................. Any difference? And yes, it is rarely possibly to provide a surgical procedure that gets a breakeven on variable cost let alone cover a penny of fixed cost.

Thread Information