Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: OK Boomer

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    When retired billionaires have surgery and the bill is paid by Medicare resulting in a loss just to breakeven................. Any difference? And yes, it is rarely possibly to provide a surgical procedure that gets a breakeven on variable cost let alone cover a penny of fixed cost.
    Medicare is a contributory program in theory (I have posted elsewhere about immigrants just off the boat getting it.) Medicaid is a needs based program. So yes, there is a difference if a billionaire has paid Medicare taxes. I would argue the cap on those taxes should be lifted.

So, it seems boomers are really at the receiving end of attack by younger generations, but why not laugh about it? Here's yet another FB boomer-attack post--this time about boomer food. And I have to admit, except for the curly parsley, they are right. (I LOVE curly parsley)

https://www.topixrewind.com/article/...nTyMGA1l31MfMA
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That’s funny Catherine. I don’t like many of the foods listed. But I love my families recipe for stuffing cooked inside the turkey.

While I do prefer twinkies to avacado toast, any ninnyhammer who thinks he or she has a handle on a generation’s tastes should be seared over an open flame to keep the juices inside and then baked into a casserole.

L, I totally agree!

So, it seems boomers are really at the receiving end of attack by younger generations, but why not laugh about it? Here's yet another FB boomer-attack post--this time about boomer food. And I have to admit, except for the curly parsley, they are right. (I LOVE curly parsley)
    I don't eat most of it but then I don't eat processed food if I can help it. I guess white people tacos sometimes, and sometimes I make my own tacos and they are probably pretty white!!! Meatloaf is fine though I seldom eat it. Well done steak is fine (yea I was raised with caution toward pathogens, I see no proof the food system has improved). And olive garden is way better than many restaurants out there, so many times do I wish people had just gone to olive garden ..

I think I get flat parsley because I was told it was more flavorful by cookbooks, but honestly there isn't much difference, if it's sold out, curly will do just fine.
    Trees don't grow on money

I confess to using instant coffee. i am not proud of that.

But Lima beans? Whoah. These millennials know not what they miss if they have not eaten fresh lima beans from the garden.

Cream of wheat is the worst crap ever made.

Catchup is appropriate on almost anything but especially on steak.

Cream of Wheat used in Indian cooking is outstanding.
    I use instant coffee all the time lately, mostly for flavoring milky beverages.
    I like lima beans just fine.
    Liver and onions cooked correctly is also fine with me. I should attempt to eat it again some day.
    I'm sure I could find plenty to criticize about other generations' favorite foods if I were so inclined.
    I'm mostly with LDAHL, though I like avocado toast...

A news feature I heard lately on millennial health was not very encouraging. Maybe liver and onions are not such a bad thing?

"Millennials are in bad shape, and their poor physical and mental health carries serious adverse economic consequences, according to a new report.

More millennials — those born between 1981 and 1996 — suffer from conditions including hypertension, high cholesterol, depression and hyperactivity at a higher rate than Gen-Xers did at the same point in their lives, Moody's Analytics found in a report drawing on data from Blue Cross Blue Shield. As a result, the economic research firm estimates that, by 2027, health costs for young adults could run as much as 33% higher than they were for Gen-Xers at the same age.

Rising health care costs means a greater financial load on employers and workers, as well as the federal and state governments."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/millenn...th-conditions/

Yppej
    Maybe their hypertension comes from working themselves into a tizxy about boomers.

Thread Information