Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: November Frugals!

Dinner from the freezer continues:
    Tuesday: Ratatouille and cheese tortellini
    Wed: pulled pork, jasmine rice, and recently roasted acorn squash

17 days since I bought groceries except for lettuce. The fridge is nearly bare and there is no fresh fruit and we're out of eggs except for hard boiled. Not sure how much longer we can go.......but now it's like a self-challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Dinner from the freezer continues:
    Tuesday: Ratatouille and cheese tortellini
    Wed: pulled pork, jasmine rice, and recently roasted acorn squash

17 days since I bought groceries except for lettuce. The fridge is nearly bare and there is no fresh fruit and we're out of eggs except for hard boiled. Not sure how much longer we can go.......but now it's like a self-challenge!
    You are an inspiration as my freezer is so full and I should go there first except for salad and milk
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    You are an inspiration as my freezer is so full and I should go there first except for salad and milk
    My goal is to empty the bottom freezer this month. The garden harvest and raw meats are outside in our small upright. I have about 18 winter squash out in the garage too.

Dinner tonight from the freezer: pulled pork and jasmine rice. Carrots from the partial bag in the fridge-this is the final vestige of fresh produce here.

Yppej
    The speaker for speakerphone stopped working and I was tempted to get a new phone, but haven't. I mainly used it to call my mom each day while commuting home, but it looks like my state will soon ban handheld phones while driving and my car doesn't have the bluetooth port to dock a phone in so I'm sticking with what I have and calling her at other random times of the day which is less convenient for both of us but better than buying a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    my car doesn't have the bluetooth port to dock a phone in so I'm sticking with what I have
    @Yppej, do a Web search for bluetooth car adapter . They cost under $20, many plug into the cigarette lighter port and operate wirelessly to the car radio, and add the ability to use your phone hands-free (assuming your phone has a reasonably current version of Bluetooth). I've gotten by with making the few calls I have to using Siri on my iPhone but if I had to do anything more complicated, I'd get one of those.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Till Nov20 th 8 Days since I posted
    ---still eating most meals from freezer
    ---Dd is the greatest shopper found bags of salad Reg. 3.49 for 1.00 each only 3 days
    till due date. So I had salads for two days and the third I made a stir fry with it
    and turkey from the freezer. The dressing and stuff with it were Thai. It was delicious.
    ---Also, got me a FREE container of Greek Yougurt with a coupon.
    --Still posting stuff on KIJIJI and it is not selling so what isn't gone Mon is being
    donated to the Church (for people and a sale they are having ).
    At this point I will be glad someone can use the stuff.
    --Did two surveys for $2.00 in gas points.

They had 33 cents a pound turkeys at Meijers so I bought a third one yesterday for $4.10. DH makes the dogs' food and we also eat turkey. Am thawing one today.

Like Danna, still eating mostly from the freezer.

Monday: lasagna, the last packet. It's made w/my ratatouille so tons of veg in it.
    Tuesday and Wednesday: 2 packages of chicken thighs (8 total) thawed and marinated in a jar of my salsa for 4h and then baked in the oven. 1 night with the end of a bag of carrots-steamed, the 2nd night chopped and in 2 aging tortillas along with some cheese and sourcream. Yum!

I've come to the cabin in the mountains for a week. I did stop at the store: eggplant (going to make a lasagna with it instead of pasta), cottage cheese, mozzerella, romaine lettuce, 2 tomatoes and sour cream. I brought a package of ground beef from the freezer at home.

Today: ratatouille from the freezer. I'll add a bit of Italian sausage and mozzerella and call it stoup!
    Friday: make the lasagna
    Saturday: taco salad
    Sunday: leftover eggplant lasagna

Breakfasts: eggs, sausage (bought earlier this week for half price), there are 5 buckwheat pancakes in the freezer from last stay)

In retirement, I'm eating 2 meals a day. (when you're a Nurse, you eat something before work because you don't know if there will be time for lunch, so often very hungry mid-day).

I'm determined to eat up aging food in the freezer!!!!

Yppej
    I found out the issue with the phone is on my mom's end. I am able to use the speaker phone on calls to other people.

When the plumber came out he adjusted the water pressure up, and now my water and sewer bill is up. Has anyone adjusted the setting on a water pressure reducer themselves? Is it hard or easy to do?

Thread Information