Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: November Frugals!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Just wanted to report that the dog beds I made from the memory foam mattress toppers are a huge hit with the dogs. I would do this again even if I had to buy the foam topper. The velour blanket cases are also a big hit.
    That's great, Tybee. You must have saved some significant $$ with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That's great, Tybee. You must have saved some significant $$ with that one.
    I guess I did; I most mostly excited about getting extra stuff out of the storage area and put to use.

You saved a lot of money as Noki’s last big bed was 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I guess I did; I most mostly excited about getting extra stuff out of the storage area and put to use.
    So that is a triple win, with doggie happiness in first place, of course.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    My friends husband is going into hospice and she needed to buy extra sheets etc. we went to bed bath and beyond and a women in line gave us a big stack of coupons, 10-20% off each item. They honor multiple coupons per transactions, only one per product.

At the grocery noticed a 12.99 package of meat rang up wrong. It had a sign that said 9.99. I said something and the manager checked. I got it for free because that is their policy. It is local pasture raised ground beef. Last month a big jug of detergent rang up for 18.99 that was supposed to be 15.99 so I got that free. I always pay attention to prices and watch carefully. I often average one or two free items a month. I wonder how many people in a hurry pay the non sales price.

I try to always check my purchases as rung up and if the register is hard to understand, I check the receipt before I leave the store and take any errors to customer service. (sometimes this irritates my hubby.) Kroger is awful with many discounts being added at the end so no one has any idea whether it will ring up right. Meijer does it immediately on the register so it is much easier to fix right away. They are also told to take the customer's word although I usually have or go get a photo. In years gone by, if they gave me a hard time, I was known for ripping off the sales tag and taking it up to the register. Photos are so much easier.

Yppej
    I caught my parsley being rung up as cilantro this past week.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I caught my parsley being rung up as cilantro this past week.
    i find these things upsetting as many people are on fixed incomes in this retirement area. It’s hard enough to make ends meet without these mistakes

When I was young I had my 4 coffee rang up us 40 and 3 bananas as 30. Actually much less errors now. I always caught it.

Found a cardboard cutting mat for sewing at the Goodwill--never opened--they are 20 at Joanns and I got it for 3 dollars. Looking at it, I think it is from the 70's, and no one ever used it!

Now I have to force myself to use it and get sewing and then move it along if I don't-- I want to make some Christmas stockings out of an old ragged quilt.

Thread Information