Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates...

Updates...

Went whole foods vegan about 6 weeks ago. Blood pressure slowly lowered and is now normal. I get it checked once each week.

Lost 11 pounds. Yes!

I am officially halfway through the PSLF program. Less than 5 years to go! I hope that in five more years I can post that I have completed the program, had my loans forgiven, and officially made Yppej the most bitter person on the planet. Keepin' my eyes on the prize.

Went to orientation at the dog shelter. I start volunteering tomorrow. Plan is to work work senior dogs.

Kicked up my cardio from 3 days a week to 5 days a week.

Lobbied local government to allow a variety of cannabis businesses in my city, not just dispensaries. Succeeded!

Have my funds saved for my next trip -- thinking of somewhere in Asia!

Please share yours!

Our middle child and his family are moving to Grand Canyon village. What an adventure! He got a job there. We’ll be driving route 17 a lot in the future to see the grandsons, and the stars that shine better without the city lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Our middle child and his family are moving to Grand Canyon village. What an adventure! He got a job there. We’ll be driving route 17 a lot in the future to see the grandsons, and the stars that shine better without the city lights.
    Excellent!

Small but found a YMCA with a fantastic exercise instructor who can match our moves to a wide variety of music. I go 5 days a week with a 3/4 mile walk to and from. Step, cardio and weight work. Feel better, getting some muscles and losing a little weight.

Wanted some scraps of fabric to make quilts and told a bunch of people. One friend told someone else and she gave me three huge boxes of perfect scraps big enough to work with and novelty prints for kids. So we both benefitted. She found someone to use the fabric and I got the fabric to use for donation quilts. She makes 4,000 hats a year so had a lot of scrap.

I have benn sick for weeks with sinus allergies. Ugh. This is unlike me. Everyone is saying this is an extremely bad year for pollen and mold.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Small but found a YMCA with a fantastic exercise instructor who can match our moves to a wide variety of music. I go 5 days a week with a 3/4 mile walk to and from. Step, cardio and weight work. Feel better, getting some muscles and losing a little weight.
    This sounds like a great set up, especially that you can walk there!

Still have a job! I count that as an update because I work in retail and I don't think things are going to be going so well into the next year. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Should probably post this over in Spirituality, but was gifted with a couple of items blessed by HH the Dalai Lama!!! I'm extremely grateful and feeling the need to do simple kindnesses to others.

Overall, things are good.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Now that we've started "freezing our a$$es off, as the Vermonters told us we would, we're getting ready to head for something warmer: New Jersey! haha.. only DH and I would consider snowbirding to New Jersey! But we'll get to see the NJ grandkids.

Work is crazy busy.

Still doing Meals on Wheels, which I love.

DD is engaged and just bought a house, so we'll be involved in her life in one way or another for a while.

Only bad thing was a "death in the family"--I waited too long to take a beautiful plant in and we had a frost. I had grown that plant from a cutting during my FIRST Master Gardener program in New Jersey. I'm truly bummed. It grew so well outside--much better than inside--but I waited one day too long to bring it in for the winter.

Otherwise, all is well.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm in my 6th month of retirement. I spent the summer and early fall getting caught up on long deferred house and yard maintenance, and started the prep for a new project for the spring (a wildflower meadow, which requires me to pull out tons and tons of bittersweet and other invasives). I started some strength and yoga classes at local senior/community centers to augment the cardio I already do in the basement. Still trying to figure out what is "next" as far as a focus/project to work on but in the meantime taking classes I come across just for fun. Its a weird space to be in where I don't have to remember 3 things at once, or have to rush to fit things into little spaces in my work schedule or just feel its all I can do to just get through a week.

I am approaching my fourth year of retirement and third year of living in Colorado. In thinking about it, I am glad we made this move as it exposed us to all kinds of new experiences that we wouldn't have had staying in the same place for the duration of our lives. Totally different weather, scenery, political and cultural beliefs. Just got back from a trip to TX and got to see DD's new house in the burbs and spend time with our 16 mo old twin grand-daughters. So fascinating to watch two identical humans interacting!! Volunteer garden work has slowed down so my indoor winter project will be re-upholstering a chair and cleaning out paperwork. Thinking about doing an "orphan" Thanksgiving potluck as we won't be spending it with family this year. I think there is a move in our near future so will give lots of thought on the best way to make that happen. In the meantime, I will continue to look for fun and interesting things to do - book club, classes, hikes, etc.

Thread Information