Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle every day

Chipotle every day

As a born again bachelor who dislikes cooking, I have been going to Chipotle every day for the past several weeks.
    I always get the same thing: A burrito bowl with extra brown rice, both beans, fajita veggies, all the salsas, corn, guac, and extra romaine lettuce.

$7.65 per meal.

This is my main source of nutrients and calories for the whole day.

I will usually have something simple and super cheap for dinner, like apples and PB or a bowl of mashed potatoes and sauerkraut or or some pasta with red sauce. And I skip breakfast.

If you are going to eat out, this sounds like one of the better options. I know you don't like to cook, but you can get the ingredients and assemble at home for cheaper. (Cheapest of all is cooking it from scratch, but that's not an option for you. ) Salad bars have pre cut veggies, there is precooked rice and seasoned beans in cans, and of course salsa already comes in a jar and guac is available in the refrigerated section.

As another born again bachelor, I may have to try that. I avoid most restaurant and fast foods, but that sounds just about right. I can also find myself in the neighborhood of a WF on occasion and can get a decent meal from their hot tables. I did try as a one time only event the Burger King Impossible Whopper. It was totally edible, but tasted similar to other fast food in general. I enjoy some cooking, but it's nice to take a break.

What are fahita veggies?

Yppej
    Rogar, Chipotle is notorious for unsafe food handling practices that have sickened hundreds. Almost every year, sometimes several times per year, they are shut down because of outbreaks of illnesses traced to their restaurants. I would recommend Qdoba instead if it is available in your area.

What are fahita veggies?
    Typically peppers and onions, sometimes mushrooms, maybe others?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rogar, Chipotle is notorious for unsafe food handling practices that have sickened hundreds. Almost every year, sometimes several times per year, they are shut down because of outbreaks of illnesses traced to their restaurants. I would recommend Qdoba instead if it is available in your area.
    Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Typically peppers and onions, sometimes mushrooms, maybe others?
    Just bell peps and onions.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    ...you can get the ingredients and assemble at home for cheaper.
    I know. Maybe someday!

I can also find myself in the neighborhood of a WF on occasion and can get a decent meal from their hot tables.
    Yea I do that or combination of that and their salad bar, or another high end grocery that's really only around here. It's an alternative to eating out for when I don't cook, so for that it's plenty healthy and affordable.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information