Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess the purpose of this...

Guess the purpose of this...

Went to garage sales last week and bought this. I wondered the new price and was surprised to find out the actual purpose of this knife. I will use for many things but probably not what it was intended for. What do you guess?

C504776E-34C2-4A6D-911C-AF0668727F8F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Went to garage sales last week and bought this. I wondered the new price and was surprised to find out the actual purpose of this knife. I will use for many things but probably not what it was intended for. What do you guess?

C504776E-34C2-4A6D-911C-AF0668727F8F.jpg
    a poop knife?

There is a Reddit famous story about one family’s knife used to break up exceedingly large deposits in the toilet.

lettuce knife
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    lettuce knife
    I think that's right, I once saw a similar one advertised as a lettuce knife.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Boy, you guys are good. I never heard of such a thing.

It is a lettuce cutter! It is very sharp. I used it on lettuce today and it does cut easily into ribbons without bruising the lettuce. Just HAD to try it out. I thought it was a cheese cutter. It will be used for a number of things but NEVER would have thought of for lettuce!

Kai by any chance?

I remember several companies making colored knives like that, by Kai is the one that comes to mind.

It also doesn’t cause iceberg lettuce to turn brown since it’s plastic.

My sister uses one of these and sings the praises of her lettuce knife every time she uses it - lol. I keep meaning to get one.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My sister uses one of these and sings the praises of her lettuce knife every time she uses it - lol. I keep meaning to get one.

I don’t know. How many times do you NEED to cut lettuce? I’ll use it for a number of things because it is sharp. I’ll get my $0.25 out of it!

A SHARP knife also keeps lettuce from going brown longer. Dull ones tend to smash and bruise it.

Thread Information