Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When do you let a pet go?

Geila
    I'm sorry. He will be with his family, and in his home, and that is a wonderful gift you can give him.

I am so sorry. I have a thing for orange cats and their pink toes - mellowest cats around; I had to put mine down many years ago.

So sorry you're going through this.

To make this easier on his brother, could you bring him along? Sometimes knowing where their friend went and what happened to them makes it better for them.

Awww, jp and bro, so sorry.

Thank you for all your kind words. I’m heartbroken but also glad that he’s no longer suffering. And glad that we have a wonderful vet who made this as least awful as was possible.

It is always so hard to say goodbye to those little companions who love us unconditionally, trust and depend on us. May your heart heal with time and your sweet memories stay strong.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I'm so sorry, jp1.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'm so sorry. I have an older yellow cat as well and this thread is making me think of what may come. Condolences.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

And today we had to put down Chris's brother Everett. We'd been to the vet just last week and learned that he had high blood pressure and his hyperthyroid was out of control again, so he had multiple problems. He was acting fine yesterday but this morning I got up and found him lying on the floor panting, crying, and clearly in distress. Although the shock and loss are horrible I'm glad he didn't have to suffer long. And I'm glad that we didn't have to agonize over "is it the right time" the way we did with Chris. And despite covid we were able to be there with him to the end. He was truly bonded with SO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3427[/ATTACH[
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awww, I’m so sorry about your kitty. That’s a sweet photo.

Thread Information