Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Travel Planned?

Any Travel Planned?

We were at my kids last night and my DIL mentioned that they had found cheap tickets to Poland non stop and a brand new plane. She asked if we wanted to go with them and now we are sitting right behind them. I was teasing my son that maybe I should kick his seat like he did to me in the car when he was little). We have been to Poland twice but haven’t seen the whole country. We will go to Warsaw, Kraków again, Prague and of course her hometown. We are going for a month. I am so excited! Do you have any travel planned?

A month! That is great.

my next trip, planned only in my head, is the Baltic countries plus maybe Krakow. I loved Prague but probably wont go back, too crowded.

Kraków is my favorite city. This will be our 3rd visit. I have heard that Prague is prettier. We have never been gone that long before. I have to hire a friend to move in for the dogs for 17 days and then my son will be back. Since I am 65 I want to travel while I can. Baltic countries sounds great. If I was rich I would take the dogs and spend 2 years seeing all of Europe)

We're done for this year: trip to Canada for a wedding in June and a cruise around Britain. The next few years will be long weekends in driving distance and maybe within the U.S. if we find a steal of an airfare. Time to save up for the next adventure!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I have only spent one day in Canada because it was a cruise. Would definitely go back. How was the Britain cruise?

This year was the year of 2-3 day motel stays for me, trips mostly near St.Louis. Not an exciting year. I had 7 of these trips, all related to plant and garden club activities. I cant even get excited about cable tv in hotel rooms because we now have cable at our hermann house and I have not watched it.

I do actually kinda get excited about hotel beds now, though. The Hilton is great, a recent trip to a Drury
    inn provided good sleep, and the Holiday Inn Express had a great bed.

It aint’t Prague, though.

Well, this is a busy travel month for me. Some places interesting, some not so much (although honestly, all places are interesting in their own way). So, I'm going to be in The Bronx Sunday, Tennessee Monday, LA Tuesday, Rockland County NY Wednesday, Saratoga the following Saturday... Then Japan for a week in December, and Connecticut and Chicago.

Then I hope I'm done.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I had a friend that went to Japan for 2 weeks. She is half Japanese and took her kids. I loved the pictures. Wow that’s a lot of business travel.

This past year has been the year of the RV. Wanted to get out as much as we could to see if we liked it. Now my eyes are turning back to travel where a plane is required. We love the RV but it will never replace our other types of travel and we have missed that. 2020, here we come.

2020 will see an Alaska cruise and if that works out maybe a trip to northern Europe including St Petersburg and Scandinavia. I am not a cruise person so will try out the first with a friend for a week and then reevaluate the idea.
    Mostly, I love being home and seeing quality theatre.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information