Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Travel Planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Uh... what?
    I “watched” documentaries...fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I “watched” documentaries...fixed it.
    You are just talking about the transgender women of Thailand? I am not knowledgeable about that.

But I am interested only in cis-gender women.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I don't think there is ever going to be much travel if I plan to go with my boyfriend. Though, I'm low maintenance and want little most of the time anyway, sheesh I dream just of taking the train somewhere. But don't say 3 day weekend staycations aren't sustainable. That they are if anything is. -Totally sustainable here-. A year of contract work and my values became clear between needs and wants anyway, need time to go to the doctor and to stay home if I'm sick and occasionally a mental health day, want - everything else.

But I have two weeks and a few sick days of time off a year, my bf has time off he never takes pretty much. I thought this was hyper-obedience, I mean taking time off there isn't unheard of, you don't have to be so hyper-obedient and "exemplary employee" to "The Man" that you never even use your time off (if contract well um it's precarious, it's a different mentality). But no, it's actually a plan to save vacation time pay if laid off which could happen someday (it always could). So I don't know that much shared time off is every going to be the case. I will use what time off I have though even if I staycation by myself.
    Depends on the job you have if this is a legal practice (if employer keeps vacation "on the books" and does not pay you outright).

Oh when I've left a job for whatever reason, even involuntarily, I've been paid for untaken vacation. I thought you had to be pretty much(?). I just don't tend to use untaken vacation as a saving account and deprive myself of paid time off now for what *might* happen someday (job loss), that's what a savings account is for. Saving a few days off for sickness though I agree is just prudent.

But it probably actually is a significant reason for what's going on with Americans not using what vacation time they get that you always hear. Are they just workaholics or are they afraid of getting in trouble if they take time off, or what people ask? Maybe none of the above, but seeing unused vacation time as in effect an emergency fund.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Some companies now offer unlimited vacation time. They have no accrued liability on their books and don't have to pay anything out to terminated employees. Pressure keeps people from taking large amounts of time.

DH and I want to take a big trip sometime next year to celebrate our birthdays. Problem is neither one of us has a burning desire to go any specific place so deciding where to go isn't easy. So, we will let budget and weather determine our choices.

My oldest son has been to 28 countries. After this trip we will have been to 7. I think my bucket list is longer than my life)

If we are ever dogless and can save up some money, I want to do cruises of Alaska and Scandinavia. Would like to go to Ireland and Scotland. Would like to revisit England and look up ancestors' graves, now I know who they are. Would like to go to Martha's Vineyard again now that I know ancestors settled it, and that they are also my husband's ancestors--so that would be doubly fun.

I guess these are sort of bucket list items.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I watched a couple of documentaries about Thailand’s lady boys. The lady boy culture is kind of interesting.
    A few days ago I started chatting with a woman from Thailand. She checked off a lot of boxes!
    Child-free by choice
    Atheist
    Prefers vegetarian food
    Lives simply
    Pretty and attractive
    Conversations went well
    Likes dogs

I will say though, when I first saw her pictures I thought... Is that my "transdar" going off? Very subtle.

I asked her if there was anything unique or different about her that I should know. She deleted her profile (maybe blocked me) right after I asked.

I’m going to Anchorage next week to speak at a conference, plan for Mt Rushmore in April, a Viking cruise from Venice to Istanbul in April 2021. We will do other trips but those are planned at this time

Thread Information