Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Travel Planned?

Yppej
    Travelling with my son has become increasingly difficult due to his health issues. I need a new travelling buddy, or maybe he will be better by spring when I would next take time off. So nothing at this time except an overnight partying with friends so I can drink and not drive.

Leaving Dec 1 to Belize and late December plan on staying in TX until mid-March. DH will have dental work done and we can be away from the miserable midwest winter!!!

Razz, we loved the Alaskan cruise. We didn’t do the land portion and now regret it. We have now decided to hop over to Ireland and Scotland since it’s so close. Frugal, I don’t blame you for wanting to skip the winter. Ypejji, sorry to hear about your son’s health issues.

We're all so different. We hated the Alaska cruise-dropped a small fortune in excursions to get off the damn boat. We're not gamblers or drinkers and I can hardly stay awake past 9 so the shows were missed by me. Total waste of $. (the trip was a sister's dream for her 65th bday which is the only reason we went). She selected the most expensive week of the entire summer :-(

2020 will be a big travel year for us: NASCAR race in the spring-haven't decided which one in the South is next. June is our 40th anniversary. Hubby has decided on Glacier and Banff 7-10d, not mapped yet. Family reunion in McCall Idaho (we have 1 every 5 years in the West somewhere).

And if our alma mater wins a Bowl game, we may hit that in December!

Very cool to hear about everyone's trips!

I have saved up the funds for a trip and I am just saving up some vacation time, which I should have by January. My plan is to go to Southeast Asia, Thailand maybe to Cambodia or Laos too.

I am thinking I may also do some speed dating events there, or join a dating site. Maybe I can come back with a lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Very cool to hear about everyone's trips!

I have saved up the funds for a trip and I am just saving up some vacation time, which I should have by January. My plan is to go to Southeast Asia, Thailand maybe to Cambodia or Laos too.

I am thinking I may also do some speed dating events there, or join a dating site. Maybe I can come back with a lovely lady.
    I watched a couple of documentaries about Thailand’s lady boys. The lady boy culture is kind of interesting.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-14-19 at 6:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I wash a couple of documentaries about Thailand’s lady boys. The lady boy culture is kind of interesting.
    Uh... what?

I don't think there is ever going to be much travel if I plan to go with my boyfriend. Though, I'm low maintenance and want little most of the time anyway, sheesh I dream just of taking the train somewhere. But don't say 3 day weekend staycations aren't sustainable. That they are if anything is. -Totally sustainable here-. A year of contract work and my values became clear between needs and wants anyway, need time to go to the doctor and to stay home if I'm sick and occasionally a mental health day, want - everything else.

But I have two weeks and a few sick days of time off a year, my bf has time off he never takes pretty much. I thought this was hyper-obedience, I mean taking time off there isn't unheard of, you don't have to be so hyper-obedient and "exemplary employee" to "The Man" that you never even use your time off (if contract well um it's precarious, it's a different mentality). But no, it's actually a plan to save vacation time pay if laid off which could happen someday (it always could). So I don't know that much shared time off is every going to be the case. I will use what time off I have though even if I staycation by myself.
    Trees don't grow on money

We don’t gamble either and go to bed earlier. But on a cruise we stay up later and take advantage of the night life which is awesome.

Yppej
    ANM can you carry your vacation over to the next year? It is good for people to save some in case of calamity. For instance, many disability plans don't kick in for a week. However, I can"t carry any over so I use it.

Thread Information