Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And this is why I am an activist!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

And this is why I am an activist!

Results! A citizen review board is being set up in regards to the Phoenix Police. Finally! It's not full accountability but the days of Phoenix Police officers being auto-trusted and of getting away with almost anything seem to be ending. Good riddance! Too bad I'm too busy to celebrate as this is a big deal. When I pass through the neighborhood on the bus to work today I will smile as it's the dedication of many people such as myself, standing up to America and demanding basic human rigbts that brought this into being. Rob

Yppej

Should be basic human rights above. Rob

What are you talking about when you say “America”?

This was a big win for Phoenix. My husband was following the local politics on this one, and our mayor almost went the other direction. One leader of this idea has been working on getting a citizen review board for 30 years.

The Phoenix police have some of the worst historical stats in our nation regarding human rights, so I’m celebrating with Rob on this one.

What does "activist" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    This was a big win for Phoenix. My husband was following the local politics on this one, and our mayor almost went the other direction. One leader of this idea has been working on getting a citizen review board for 30 years.

The Phoenix police have some of the worst historical stats in our nation regarding human rights, so I’m celebrating with Rob on this one.
    Thank You, Tammy. Indeed this is a big win. I watched video of a Police Union's rep saying morale was now low and officers were talking of leaving.....my guess is that those leaving STAT would be the ones who create the situations that activists such as myself work against. Good that some of this subset see the writing of accountability on the wall and realize they can't knuckle under to the rule of law.....their accrued pension is their parting gift and good riddance!

Perhaps this will slowly usher in better relations between the Phoenix PD and Phoenix inner city neighborhoods. I'm thinking it's a great start and KUDOS to Mayor Gallego! I have so much respect for her for willingly giving up her plan when that of Councilman Garcia's was the one drawing majority support/approval. Hopefully, law abiding residents will soon not have the depth of fear regarding the Phoenix PD with this new accountability/transparency plan.

I'd say this is a great start! Councilman Garcia is my new hero.....I love how he's been wearing anti police brutality t-shirts to City Council Meetings. Don't start me on Sal DiCiccio.....with any luck he won't win reelection after his all out resistance against police transparency/accountability. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 3-1-20 at 2:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does "activist" mean?
    Someone such as myself who donates a great deal of time and energy to mobilize with other like minded individuals to legally fight against blatant injustice of some sort - in this case, police brutality.

And this time results have seemingly been achieved! I am so proud of the 85006 and honored to know others who have given much more time and effort to this cause than I have. We made our little corner of the world a better place. Kudis to all involved in this nationwide movement. Rob

Should be kudos in this last sentence. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Thank You, Tammy. Indeed this is a big win. I watched video of a Police Union's rep saying morale was now low and officers were ralking if leaving.....my guess is that those leaving STAT would be the ones who create the situations that activists such as myself work against. Good that some of this subset see the writing of accountability on the wall and realuze they can't knuckle under to the rule of law.....theur accryed pension is their parting gift and good riddance!

Perhaps this will slowly usher in better relations between the Phoenix PD and Phoenix inner city neighborhoods. I'm thinking it's a great start and KUDOS to Mayor Gallego! I have so much respect for her for willingly giving up her plan when that of Councilman Garcia's was the one drawing majority support/approval. Hopefully, law abiding resudents will soon not have the depth of fear regarding the Phoenix PD with this new accountability/transparency plan.

I'd say this is a great start! Councilman Garcia us my new hero.....I love how he's been wearing anti police brutality t shirts to City Council Meetings. Don't start me on Sal DiCiccio.....with any luck he won't win reelection after his all out resistance against police transparency/accountability. Rob
    Sorry about all the typos....posted quickly at work and I can't edit on my smartphone. Will come back and fix the above post later. Rob

Thread Information