Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for SLN Pundits on the Democratic Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

I'll take "Crazy Bernie" over the real lunatic every day.
    Me too. Make that a double.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    According to our fearless leader Castro is not the only evil, murderous person because Ted Cruz's father killed JFK.

I'll take "Crazy Bernie" over the real lunatic every day.
    ok that made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ok that made me laugh!
    Made me laugh, too.

I at least read wiki on Cuba. Their health and education systems looked pretty good to me, at least for a third world country subject to sanctions.

Conservative Utah decided to house their homeless population a few years ago. It saved them so much money as compared with paying for frequent hospital visits, that it more than paid for itself. There is a conservative argument for providing the basics for one’s population.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think they only get pissed when you assume they're fine with it. I've offered a solution, hold ourselves to the same standard we hold evil rich corporations. If government gets involved it'll cost you the same as donating a couple prescriptions to a random diabetic but you get the added benefit of telling us all how generous you are. I'd think that would be a no-brainer for lots of folks. Just a thought.
    Apparently I've missed your solution. Perhaps you could go into more detail? THe only solution I"ve seen from republicans over the last however many years has been to cancel the ACA. That solution doesn't seem to improve the ability of people with diabetes or any other disease to get medicine at a more affordable price. If I"m wrong on that I'd love to hear about it.

Castro may have been a dictator, but he was one who actually improved the lives of most of his people. Our continuing need to punish Cuba just makes us look petty--especially when we're sucking up to the likes of Putin and the House of Saud--who regularly assassinate their opponents. Bernie has the courage to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Castro may have been a dictator, but he was one who actually improved the lives of most of his people.
    All those people risking their lives to get away probably just needed someone to explain their best interests to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    All those people risking their lives to get away probably just needed someone to explain their best interests to them.
    Castro was terrible.
    Which makes it even stranger that Cuba has affordable medications and we do not.

What do you propose we Americans do to fix a broken system?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Castro was terrible.
    Which makes it even stranger that Cuba has affordable medications and we do not.

What do you propose we Americans do to fix a broken system?
    I don’t accept your premise that it is broken.That is overstatement.

Okay, I actually was going to add, "if you think it is broken" so your point is well taken, and I can see why you are labeling it overstatement.

Do you feel that the current state of affairs represents a problem that we as Americans should come together to solve?

Thread Information