Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for SLN Pundits on the Democratic Debate

Did he really say that cartoon thing? Gosh, that is unfortunate.
    I thought all did better than in prior debates. I thought they were fairly unified and more appealing than in prior debates.

Okay, went and researched, and this is from Breitbart:
    Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg admitted that he was exhausted by the impeachment process taking place in Washington, DC, and would rather watch cartoons.
    “I don’t know about you, but watching the news right now, watching the impeachment coverage, watching the Senate is exhausting,” he said.

Buttigieg commented on the impeachment process during a town hall in Ames, Iowa.
    “I live and breathe politics and I find it exhausting, it’s just, it gets you down, and makes you want to watch cartoons instead,” he said.

Oh, that's awful. My 91 and 93 year old parents, one of whom has dementia, watched the impeachment hearings every day.
    Good Lord.

I watched most of the debates... I thought Klobuchar was a standout. If I were uncommitted and saw that debate, I'd be all for her, but I'm still for Bernie, and he did very well. Man, I hated seeing Steyer waste time spewing stuff onstage and taking time away from the others. Yang's best line was something about "we're blaming Trump for everything and we shouldn't"--that's a bad paraphrase, but essentially saying, let's put our own house in order.

In general, it felt like all the candidates were like "OK, we've been nice long enough--now the gloves are coming off." They seemed animated and almost angry. It got to be 10:00 and I was too tired to deal with anger, so I went to bed.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I watched parts of the last debate. They are all just fine by me relative to Trump, but Steyer made a most excellent point. With little doubt Trump's strong campaign policy will be, as they would say, it's about the economy stupid. The dems can argue or debate endlessly health care or free college but they need to make good cases for the economy or they've lost a lot of undecideds.

I didn’t watch them. That was really a dumb thing for Mayor Pete to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I didn’t watch them. That was really a dumb thing for Mayor Pete to say.
    It was honest and accurate though.

I watched the hearings. They were dreadful. Bloviating speeches from both sides, and the end of the Republic. His exact words: “I live and breathe politics and I find it exhausting, it’s just, it gets you down, and makes you want to watch cartoons instead,..."

He's right. It certainly makes you want to do so, or to go play with the dog, or have dinner with friends. Anything for a break from the disaster. He didn't say he did, just that it "makes you want to"... But nobody cares anymore about anything other than viral meme soundbite stuff.

I watched a few Schoolhouse Rock episodes.

This is a plus in the Mayor Pete column for me.

I agree that the trial was boring. I watched parts of it. Bae, it makes more sense with the complete sentence. Amy only quoted part of it of course.

Any of them are better than what we have now. I loved them all. Each one was 100% better than the state of the union address.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Any of them are better than what we have now. I loved them all. Each one was 100% better than the state of the union address.
    I agree, and now we have Trump Unleashed. The election can't come soon enough.

It wasn’t a state of the union address. Just a boring monologue.

Thread Information