Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for SLN Pundits on the Democratic Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I never asked who he voted for and actually wish he had never told me. The hatred of Hillary was that great.
    Because she probably wouldn't have asked for forgiveness.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It’s funny because my ex and I agreed on nothing but politics. My husband and I agree on everything but politics. But my ex married a Republican but even she didn’t vote for trump. We laugh that we each have our own Republicans)

I thought last night’s debate was pretty pedestrian. Rich people lecturing less-rich people about the corrosive nature of money. Much of the talk made it sound like we are in the depths of an economic depression. Wishful thinking, I guess. A half dozen white people talking about the necessity for our politics to become less white, although I didn’t see any of them offer up their seat on the bus. I think I might consider Klobachar over Trump in November.

How many more of these things before Iowa?

Two in January.

Sanders was very strong hitting it hard on climate change, Warren did well. I like Steyer, he may be few people's top choice, but I wouldn't mind him as Prez. The rest did ok. I was asked who did least well, uh I don't know maybe Pete or Yang - really noone did that badly that I could recall, they all did ok (Klobuchar did well - but it's hard to sell you are the one who can win against Trump - which was her whole pitch - when you can't even poll much among Dems). But then I was reminded Biden was on stage. Oh. I forgot he was on stage entirely! I guess that's doing bad, when you can't even remember they are on on stage.

Yang missed his big line on what to give people as a gift: should have been: $1000 a month ... for everyone on this stage
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Sanders was very strong hitting it hard on climate change.
    Even when the question was unrelated to climate change.

Even when the question was unrelated to climate change.
    yes I LOVED that!! I cheered.

A+ - if you've got the grades, flaunt em (but A is also a good grade ):
    https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/climate2020/

"Every election is a climate election" as Greta says.

He won't win on just climate, but he's not trying to.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

It was good to see the field whittled down to get a better idea of things. My ranking of favorites has changed some, but I pretty much decided that any of them could be a competent president. I did not feel that way about Hillary and pretty much held my nose while voting. Other than Biden, I thought the older candidates all seemed vital, current and fresh. Joe is at the bottom of my choices because he falls into the good old boy school. I also did not get the impression of strong commitment and sincerity on the climate crisis issues. The wealth tax that some propose is a wild card as are some of the give away programs, but I suspect there will come to be a middle ground reality and idealism with meet. In that respect, none are perfect.

I'm over old throwbacks and has-beens--old thinkers in general. I'll vote for Biden only if I'm backed into a corner.

I might vote Green or Libertarian if it were Biden vs Trump.

Thread Information