Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Festive Look Without the Clutter

I was actually nervous about buying it since it had already started to grow in the bin--had about a 2 inch stalk on it, but it was fine!

The red ones tend to be really robust and can't wait to get going. I've had some all curled up in the box with the green growth white and large buds and they do great as soon as they are released from prison and given some light. Here is my first to bloom this year.

amaryllis.jpg

I mean that the growth that should be green is a sickly looking white due to lack of light, but then everything is fine once the plant gets some light.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    The red ones tend to be really robust and can't wait to get going. I've had some all curled up in the box with the green growth white and large buds and they do great as soon as they are released from prison and given some light. Here is my first to bloom this year.

amaryllis.jpg

I mean that the growth that should be green is a sickly looking white due to lack of light, but then everything is fine once the plant gets some light.
    Just beautiful, Rosa!

My pink bulb had that sickly white too but he's green now--but no bloom yet.

All the pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

These red Amaryllis are beautiful! Ours dont bloom until later, about mid March. Each year they live out of our patio during the summer and come back in during winter.

Thread Information