Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump is the Chosen one

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Trump is the Chosen one

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-per...od-to-lead-us/

whether or or not I think these things are justified:

i have tried to understand why why some people hated Hillary.
    I have tried to understand why some people are so against the “nanny” state.
    i have tried to understand why people hate illegal immigrants.
    I have tried to understand why people feel Christians are prosecuted because someone wants them to bake a cake with a same sex couple on it.
    I have tried to understand why a figure like Trump represents to party of family values.

However God has chosen Trump? Can anyone explain this? I am totally befuddled by this one.

I think he's supposed to bring about the End Times. It does kind of feel like it some days...
    Or God has a cruel sense of humor.

I have always been befuddled by overtly Christian folk who feel they need to pronounce their beliefs for all to hear/see. However, Ricky came from a part of Texas where that is a way of being. There is a lot of it in the city where I live now too. Prayer circles at the grocery store, etc...and yes, they do seem to support Mr. Trump whole-heartedly. I don't get it but I stand by "we all get to choose..."

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I have always been befuddled by overtly Christian folk who feel they need to pronounce their beliefs for all to hear/see. However, Ricky came from a part of Texas where that is a way of being. There is a lot of it in the city where I live now too. Prayer circles at the grocery store, etc...and yes, they do seem to support Mr. Trump whole-heartedly. I don't get it but I stand by "we all get to choose..."
    I feel lucky to have lived my whole life in an area where people don't feel compelled to ask about one's spiritual beliefs, or to proselytize about theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-per...od-to-lead-us/

whether or or not I think these things are justified:

i have tried to understand why why some people hated Hillary.
    I have tried to understand why some people are so against the “nanny” state.
    i have tried to understand why people hate illegal immigrants.
    I have tried to understand why people feel Christians are prosecuted because someone wants them to bake a cake with a same sex couple on it.
    I have tried to understand why a figure like Trump represents to party of family values.

However God has chosen Trump? Can anyone explain this? I am totally befuddled by this one.
    If God did indeed choose Trump through his midwestern children and the Electoral College, I’m sure he had his reasons. I won’t pretend to understand them.

As to your other questions, I can only provide my own answers:

I disliked (she really wasn’t interesting enough to invest much hatred) Hillary for pretty much the same reasons I disliked Trump. Dishonesty, corruption, incompetence; albeit in a more professional hackish package.

I dislike the nanny state because I prefer a government that doesn’t have the power to make me eat my vegetables.

I’m not so much against illegal immigrants as I’m against illegality in general. Why people are so eager to confuse that with racism is puzzling to me.

I rather tend to think using the power of government to force people to act against their conscience on a matter as trivial as cake design is a little aromatic of persecution. Especially in the repeated attempts to make an example of a particular baker to strike fear into the hearts of the others.

As to family values, I have to admit you’ve got me there. Unless we’re talking about Corleone, or perhaps Clinton family values. Or maybe there are some professed Christians who view Trump as a lesser threat to their values than the folks going after recalcitrant bakers or the Knights of Columbus.

Stupid people think stupid things.

What is this Clinton corruption you speak of? She's always just seemed like a hard-working, middle of the road Democrat to me--not exciting, but perfectly acceptable. I guess decades of right-wing fantasies have left their mark. (Vince Foster? Pizza joint basement? Please...)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Stupid people think stupid things.
    The reaction against the kind of thinking that produces that kind of statement has been a primary source of fuel for Trump’s gaudy political career. You would have thought people presuming their intellectual superiority would have figured that out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The reaction against the kind of thinking that produces that kind of statement has been a primary source of fuel for Trump’s gaudy political career. You would have thought people presuming their intellectual superiority would have figured that out by now.
    And yet they haven't and I suspect the vast majority never will.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    What is this Clinton corruption you speak of? She's always just seemed like a hard-working, middle of the road Democrat to me--not exciting, but perfectly acceptable. I guess decades of right-wing fantasies have left their mark. (Vince Foster? Pizza joint basement? Please...)
    Nothing so colorful. Her lucrative sideline as Scheherazade to the investment banking industry. The astonishing ability of the Clinton Foundation to produce personal wealth. The fortunate destruction of inconvenient records, both paper and electronic, at convenient times. Commodity investments with loaves-and-fishes levels of return.

Thread Information