Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Commander In Chief

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I voted for Ralph Nader at one point, but I can’t remember when. Probably the 70’s which was a time of Vietnam protests, a sexual and drug revolution and so on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Nader
    I've voted for third party candidates often--Shirley Chisholm, John Anderson. Family members voted for Jesse Jackson, Ross Perot...The current stakes are too high for such foolishness, even though doing so would be fairly harmless in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've voted for third party candidates often--Shirley Chisholm, John Anderson. Family members voted for Jesse Jackson, Ross Perot...The current stakes are too high for such foolishness, even though doing so would be fairly harmless in this state.
    I voted for Jesse Jackson in the '84 Democratic Primary in the hopes of shaking things up a bit. By the time the next opportunity came in '88, I was pretty much over that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

When Chrysler announced plans to close Kenosha’s largest employer probably in the 80’s Jesse came and spoke hoping to save the plant. He was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When Chrysler announced plans to close Kenosha’s largest employer probably in the 80’s Jesse came and spoke hoping to save the plant. He was phenomenal.
    Now there was a man who liked a good rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Now there was a man who liked a good rhyme.
    Didn’t he though! I’ll never forget the recording that came into our ZIP Code for the national presidential election year —was it the year 2000?— Anyway, the recording was good old Jessie saying “get your souls to the polls! “ The only problem was That my neighbor received a recording well after 7:00 PM when the polls close. The Democratic machine got a court order to keep the polls open because of some kind of shenanigans I can’t remember. It’s pretty clear Jesse and his cohorts had planned for the “emergency” extension of voting to take place.

I do remember a time when Jesse was not a cartoon character, he was sincere and pretty legitimate for when he represented.

I loved his ability to laugh at himself:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54vjte

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    This thread should be titled the nutcase in chief.
    I could not agree more. Rob

Thread Information