Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Geila

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Last year we went to a restaurant and they had an excellent traditional Thanksgiving meal so we are planning to do that again, this time with a couple of friends.

I briefly considered cooking a turkey when I saw them at Costco but we're just not big turkey fans so I bought a pork shoulder instead to roast over the weekend.

Anyone traveling?

We're going here as my family is all out of town at in-laws.
    https://www.hubers.com/photos
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Looks good, Kay!

We're going to my son's in Burlington--he is the unfortunate who has the best place for hosting Thanksgiving for his parents and two siblings/SOs. haha.. I did it for 41 years. It's payback time.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

For the first time in years my DIL has the day off so she is cooking.

Yppej
    Some time each with two estranged parts of family. One will not celebrate with the other.

Mom is coming to our house (oh joy not) and we are having a custom turkey pie that has the potatoes and stuffing inside with peas and butternut squash. Then we will have a hot apple crisp with ice cream.

Off to sister-in-law's house for a fairly typical celebration. Our kids and grandkids will be with son-in-law's family elsewhere in the state but we will have DW's godchild and husband and their toddler. Should be a fine time.

Since it's the time to do so, I bought a fresh turkey. If we don't bring home lots of turkey leftovers, I'll cook it this weekend. Otherwise it hits the freezer.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Nothing! 😄

I’m off work and the kids are all out of town. Husband and I are doing absolutely nothing, and looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Nothing! 

I’m off work and the kids are all out of town. Husband and I are doing absolutely nothing, and looking forward to it!
    Sounds great!

I think I am going to an Indian restaurant. Yum! A friend of mine moved to Chicago, so I might meet up with him too.

Spending it with my goddaughter’s family. Two hours away.

Thread Information