Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

We start getting our Meals on Wheels packed at 10a and then we are off to deliver. After that DS is on his way to help put up the Christmas lights and get the decorations out of the attic. We will eat dinner with him (filet mignon) and then the family turkey day (per tradition) is on Saturday.

Heading out to my sister's. Did all my cooking/baking last night after work, so definitely relaxing this morning. Should be a nice day.

I work with a lot of people that seem to not get along with their families, and I'm blessed and grateful to have a really good one.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Heading out to my parents, but my sister and I are doing all the prep. Sister is doing the main meal, and I'm doing desserts, breads and cranberry sauce. Sister's obnoxious boyfriend insists on his own family for Thanksgiving, so all is well.

Maybe take in a movie, maybe make a pumpkin pie. Definitely loll around.

Attending a small family gathering at the in-laws. This evening we'll go to my sisters'. My BIL had neck surgery yesterday to relieve pressure on a nerve-his thumb has been numb since May. We are thankful the surgery went perfectly!

Had plans to go over the mountains to brother's house but chickened out. They are having multiple feet of snow in Telluride so didn't want to head into that. We will partake of a feast by eating out instead at a place within a safe drive from our house.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Upthread mention of Xmas decor in the attic reminds me: my job this week to to haul all of our artificial Xmas decor out of our 3rd floor storage and get it to Goodwill so they can sell it for the holidays. There are at least 2 Xmas trees, 8 wreaths, 6 garlands plus multiple boxes of ornaments,

I dont know what else is up there and I am scared of it. I do know there are two small boxes of Xmas decor that I love and will move to our next house, but that is a sum total of one plastic bin. In the future I plan to have only but evergreen decor because I can chuck it out at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Upthread mention of Xmas decor in the attic reminds me: my job this week to to haul all of our artificial Xmas decor out of our 3rd floor storage and get it to Goodwill so they can sell it for the holidays. There are at least 2 Xmas trees, 8 wreaths, 6 garlands plus multiple boxes of ornaments,

I dont know what else is up there and I am scared of it. I do know there are two small boxes of Xmas decor that I love and will move to our next house, but that is a sum total of one plastic bin. In the future I plan to have only but evergreen decor because I can chuck it out at the end of the season.
    I am grieving the fact that the few Christmas decorations I saved from the dumpster have no home this year. I think I'll swing by my son's/my house and pick out a few things I used to love to display--stockings I hand-embroidered years ago; a big Merry Christmas entry sign and some other little things, and I'll decorate our rental. This has been a strange year.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Should be a fine time.
    'twas. Plenty of food, very little football, good conversation, laughs. They should all be like this...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I bought a fresh turkey. If we don't bring home lots of turkey leftovers, I'll cook it this weekend.
    I was offered the turkey carcass because people know I make soup from poultry bones. I took it. I think I'll cook our purchased turkey this weekend -- or maybe only half of it since it's always better cooked fresh (freeze the other half). Then I'll have a carcass and a half for soup.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information