Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

I love turkey soup...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    '

I was offered the turkey carcass because people know I make soup from poultry bones.
    Steve, don't you?

We were offered my son's turkey bones and the only reason we didn't take them is because we'll be in transition between VT and NJ and I'll be in Japan from Dec 1-11. It felt horrible passing them up.

Making soup from the turkey carcass has always been a post-thanksgiving tradition in our house. We get lots of bags of soup to either eat or freeze.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We had a great meal although not Turkey. We had stuffed pork chops, 2 kinds of potatoes, Polish balls with 2 kinds of gravy and cranberry sauce. We had to rest a few hours before pumpkin pie. We spent much of the day discussing our trip to Europe and my son has been researching for us. They are looking forward to going to Vienna with us as they haven’t been there.

Geila
    We had a lovely day as well. Had a wonderful visit with our friends over a 2-hour lunch and then came home and took a nice long nap. Took the dogs for a walk and then had a nice phone visit with another dear friend. In the evening we watched a bit of the new Anne of Green Gables, 'Anne With an E'.

The weekend will be just hanging out at home.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN
    Originally Posted by SteveinMN I was offered the turkey carcass because people know I make soup from poultry bones.
    Steve, don't you?
    Umm, yes? That's why I took the carcass. I need to check my freezer; I may have enough chicken bones in there to make soup today, though I'm a little short on anything to throw into it to make it bowl-ready. Or I'll cook at least half of the turkey I bought this week and I'll throw that carcass into the pot and make turkey-only soup or broth and freeze that for later.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Umm, yes? That's why I took the carcass. I need to check my freezer; I may have enough chicken bones in there to make soup today, though I'm a little short on anything to throw into it to make it bowl-ready. Or I'll cook at least half of the turkey I bought this week and I'll throw that carcass into the pot and make turkey-only soup or broth and freeze that for later.
    Got it.. I didn't get the "people I know" reference... Nothing like homemade turkey soup.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information