Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you'all up to today? Making chicken mole here and once again I'm amazed at how complex the sauce is. Off for Penny's opening at 2 PM for sheets....high thread count and cheap. Plus this year in Phoenix the weather is cooperating and being Holiday like. Highs in the 60's, good chance of heavy rain tonight, and cloudy with nice breezes. Great day! Rob

Luckily no snow here for which I am grateful!!!

A bulldog won best in show at The National Dog Show about an hour ago. Very exciting! Clearly the judges realized the phenomenal beauty of a bulldog mug.

Have a great day Rob! Personally I won’t shop on a holiday as I feel it’s wrong for stores to be open. Walmart isn’t even paying a higher rate for the holiday. We got 3 inches of snow last night.

At about 1 pm we decided what we wanted to eat today. Off to Whole Foods - and now vegetarian stew is simmering, garlic bread is done, and merlot is served. It’s fun to have just two of us with no expectations this year.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

DW and I enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal with her SiLs and mother and I enjoyed not being part of my family's observation of the event (long story; not getting into it here). No store visits here though DW has placed an on-line order for Christmas cards because Black Friday deal. In truth, she's done most of the shopping we wanted to do for gifts this year. Tomorrow is a day off for both of us. The forecast, though, is calling for a snow/rain/slush/freezing rain mess, so we may just hunker down and enjoy a day without any obligations at all. For that, I can give many thanks.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information