Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving - Part 2

Bless you TT. I know my financial assistance would be but a drop in the bucket but one thing I am good with is resources and helping people get connected to them. One of the reasons I prefer to volunteer my time as opposed to writing a check. I also get immediate feedback as to it being ultimately beneficial..... or not.

SM, I believe people like you make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    One of the reasons I prefer to volunteer my time as opposed to writing a check. I also get immediate feedback as to it being ultimately beneficial..... or not.
    I think that is fabulous. There are so many benefits to volunteering time. Kudos to you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I witnessed something interesting along these lines yesterday. We live in a gentrifying area where homeless people still wander the streets in our neighborhood. There was a lady last night across the street from us on the sidewalk throwing her personal belongings and screaming loudly. She kept this behavior up for several minutes, and was very frustrated and angry. A young woman who lives nearby came out of her house with a reusable shopping bag and offered it to this lady. The lady accepted it and put all of her things in it and walked away. She appeared to be psychotic, high, or both most likely - but the simple act of a bag for her things calmed her down and she was able to go on with her life. It’s the little things. And also I was very impressed with my neighbors bravery because this lady had a lot of anxious and angry energy about her. I didn’t feel like I wanted to approach her!

Thread Information