Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despicable. ICE needs to be abolished.

Geila
    I can't believe this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Perhaps instead of creating a new fictitious university they could have just used Trump u and had the same result.

Then you’d be after him with the emoluments clause. Although when the Obama people set the thing up, they probably wouldn’t have wanted to throw him the business.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Then you’d be after him with the emoluments clause. Although when the Obama people set the thing up, they probably wouldn’t have wanted to throw him the business.
    True. Although he’s been plenty emolument all without adding this to the equation.

Personally, I'd like to see ICE disbanded and charges brought against those who had no trouble following increasingly cruel orders and, without an apparent shred of humanity, allowed people to die in their charge.

Yppej
    The Forbes writer used rouse instead of ruse. It annoys me when people paid to write make these errors, and makes me wonder how accurate their reporting is.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I can't believe this is happening.
    I'd agree that it's absolutely insane. And then some. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    TLDR version. ICE created a fake university, got foreigners with student visas to register, took their tuition, then busted them for immigration violations because they weren’t enrolled in a real university and deported them.

Since the "university" site is down, I can't tell exactly how it was set up, can you?
    If it didn't list classes, schedules and locations, how would one not think it was a diploma mill (fake school).

And something else to remember, law enforcement, doesn't have to tell you the truth.
    There have been lots of stings over the years, where LEO's have done things such as :
    1. You have won a prize.
    2. Your invited to a party, friends, food, music by spoc.
    etc.

At the end of the day if the only reason someone broke the law is because law enforcement tricked them into breaking a law they would not otherwise have broken then law enforcement is the problem, not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Since the "university" site is down, I can't tell exactly how it was set up, can you?
    If it didn't list classes, schedules and locations, how would one not think it was a diploma mill (fake school).

And something else to remember, law enforcement, doesn't have to tell you the truth.
    There have been lots of stings over the years, where LEO's have done things such as :
    1. You have won a prize.
    2. Your invited to a party, friends, food, music by spoc.
    etc.
    well, but—those tactics have been used in my city, to round up badnicks with warrants. They had already committed the crimes, the “you have won a prize” ruse was to locate them.

We do have occasional discussions on Nextdoor about bait cars put out for car thieves, but
    I don’t know how prevalent is this practice of the cops. I don’t think is IS prevalent.

Thread Information