Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you living the life you wanted when you were a child?

Your pony is so cute and beautiful and burly. I love him!

"Burly" is a good description. Definitely a hardy one. Thanks everyone. I'm hoping for many healthy years with this little guy. He's got a puppydog personality; he's always in your face and likes to lick.

Tybee, why not take lessons or lease/half lease? Not quite the same as one of your own but you'd be among others just as passionate and you can get your horsie fix without a long term commitment. Nothing compares to being around horses. I have a magnet on my car: That barn smell is my aromatherapy.

As a teenager I rode for free every Saturday in return for cleaning stalls. It was so much fun. I have rode a few times as a adult.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...it-would/page6

This links to an earlier thread on the same topic. Interesting where we were nine years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...it-would/page6

This links to an earlier thread on the same topic. Interesting where we were nine years ago!
    Fun to read the old thread.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post

Tybee, why not take lessons or lease/half lease? Not quite the same as one of your own but you'd be among others just as passionate and you can get your horsie fix without a long term commitment. Nothing compares to being around horses. I have a magnet on my car: That barn smell is my aromatherapy.
    Yeah, I think start back with one lesson a week. That might be enough to get my fix, and I'd meet some horse friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yeah, I think start back with one lesson a week. That might be enough to get my fix, and I'd meet some horse friends.
    Good for you! I don't know what kind of riding you do, but find a barn with mostly adults if you can. Stay away from show barns with lots of kids. Most dressage barns are filled with middle aged women who are there to learn and also socialize and some aren't interested in showing. Check out stables' Facebook pages and see what kind of things they do. Some have wine and cheese nights or go out on organized trail rides.

If my 5 year old self could see me now, having a horse/pony would override anything else I've accomplished.

I ride Western, and my favorite activity with my horse was starting to work on drill team. So that would be a dream activity to shoot towards. And you certainly need other people.

Thread Information