Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Are you living the life you wanted when you were a child?

  1. #31
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,631
    Your pony is so cute and beautiful and burly. I love him!

  2. #32
    Senior Member pony mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    1,213
    "Burly" is a good description. Definitely a hardy one. Thanks everyone. I'm hoping for many healthy years with this little guy. He's got a puppydog personality; he's always in your face and likes to lick.

    Tybee, why not take lessons or lease/half lease? Not quite the same as one of your own but you'd be among others just as passionate and you can get your horsie fix without a long term commitment. Nothing compares to being around horses. I have a magnet on my car: That barn smell is my aromatherapy.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    8,801
    As a teenager I rode for free every Saturday in return for cleaning stalls. It was so much fun. I have rode a few times as a adult.

  4. #34
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,631
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...it-would/page6


    This links to an earlier thread on the same topic. Interesting where we were nine years ago!

  5. #35
    Senior Member razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,024
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...it-would/page6


    This links to an earlier thread on the same topic. Interesting where we were nine years ago!
    Fun to read the old thread.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post

    Tybee, why not take lessons or lease/half lease? Not quite the same as one of your own but you'd be among others just as passionate and you can get your horsie fix without a long term commitment. Nothing compares to being around horses. I have a magnet on my car: That barn smell is my aromatherapy.
    Yeah, I think start back with one lesson a week. That might be enough to get my fix, and I'd meet some horse friends.

  7. #37
    Senior Member pony mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yeah, I think start back with one lesson a week. That might be enough to get my fix, and I'd meet some horse friends.
    Good for you! I don't know what kind of riding you do, but find a barn with mostly adults if you can. Stay away from show barns with lots of kids. Most dressage barns are filled with middle aged women who are there to learn and also socialize and some aren't interested in showing. Check out stables' Facebook pages and see what kind of things they do. Some have wine and cheese nights or go out on organized trail rides.

    If my 5 year old self could see me now, having a horse/pony would override anything else I've accomplished.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,589
    I ride Western, and my favorite activity with my horse was starting to work on drill team. So that would be a dream activity to shoot towards. And you certainly need other people.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •