Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 point margin!!!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

18 point margin!!!

I just read online that women want Trump impeached by 18 point margin over men. Wow. A). I have to side with women on this one, and B). This is why I believe he won't be reelected....too many independents and women who voted for him in 2016 will turn on him in 2020. What do you'all think? Rob

I think that will hinge on three things:

The state of the economy over the next eleven months.

The degree of awfulness of the Democratic candidate.

How Trump conducts his public self between now and the election. His greatest fear should be his itchy twitter finger.

How do I do an up arrow?

The above, plus, would really need to see the stats and how the questions are (remember how to lie with statistics?).
    I expect that is people who are already Democrats, and not the independents or other voters you seem to believe it is by your writing. But that is also supposition on my part. If it isn't, then your swimming in the same fish bowl, year after year, running down the same old ground, how we found ourselves here (sorry Pink Floyd), in the same position as 2016.

The problem I see for the Democrats now is I don’t see any of the candidates as particularly appealing to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The problem I see for the Democrats now is I don’t see any of the candidates as particularly appealing to the masses.
    Mayor Pete doesn't seem too terrible.

I don't know why anyone assumes they know absolutely which candidate might be appealing to the masses, it's usually via projection but one's experience is seldom universal, it often is very very far from (and hint: none of them are going to appeal to everyone, period) so it all depends on who one sees as likely to be important to vote I guess (the old, the young, blacks, Hispanics, the white working class, non-voters, the professional middle class, blue collar workers in the rust belt etc.).

Truthfully it's mostly a complete waste of time, this ridiculous fortune telling that has replaced just voting for a candidate you like (or like better at least if one doesn't like any but is going to vote anyway).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I like Pete B. - and not only for the obvious reason (he's an out gay man), as he is seemingly sane and well behaved and capable of educated, adult speech. What his chances are, I just don't know. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Agreed 100%. Gotta say as much as I slam this country, I an grateful to be alive at a time when an out gay man is running for President. Rob

He's unqualified though, he's a mayor of a small town, that's his resume. He'd have to have the best advisers out there. Or a VP with power, haha thinking Cheney but actually needless to say W had experience, governor of a large state is not small town mayor.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    His Achilles Heel is his low polling among black Democrats.

Thread Information