Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Hair Color and Breast Cancer

I hated coloring my hair but I was going gray at lightening speed. My hair also grows really fast so I was coloring every two weeks for years. I decided to stop coloring at about 55. I could not believe how negative a lot of my female friends were. Why on earth would I do this? Didn't I know how old it was going to make me look? I wa making a big mistake. In my mind the big mistake most women make is thinking coloring your hair is making you look younger when everything else underneath is a bigger tell. Your skin, your posture, your attitude.... Most colored hair after a certain point looks dull and lifeless.
    So I let it all go and let me tell you, I wish I had done it sooner. The change for the better was dramatic. It felt better, it looked better and it was SIMPLE to maintain. I get compliments all the time from both men and women. I never did with my colored hair. Be brave, go forth and color no more!577931_3224113166676_1175124725_n.jpg

I only get mine down professionally every 3 months. It’s a combination of color and highlighting so even though my hair grows fast it looks fine. I looked today and most of the studies don’t show a link. If you get a precancerous growth on your hair part my dermatologist said it’s from the sun.

There's a point of diminishing returns if you have 30-year-old hair and a face like the crypt keeper.
    I don't mind looking as old as my hair.

I don't think it makes anyone look younger (well ok maybe the 30 year old who has gone all gray but that's because they ACTUALLY ARE YOUNG and just genetically programmed for early graying). But whether it looks better probably depends entirely on the color of the gray, and one's complexion and how they work together or don't.
    Trees don't grow on money

Silver is the new black Look how many younger women are sporting silver locks. I also don't think there is anything wrong with aging and I'm with Jane, as long as I don't look like the crypt keeper!

Simplemind: Your photo makes it tempting to stop coloring; you look great!

Yppej
    Great hair Simplemind. From what I am reading women get the most flak from other women when going gray, men don't care.

I'll do this little "snapchat" feature, too! This is fun! I'll also delete mine.

I'm a little more salt-and-pepper than you guys, but Simplemind and Geila, you look great!

IMG_4627.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Who knew so many of our members were hot mama's. Keep it up ladies!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think you all look amazing. As another has mentioned, so much else like posture and activities indicate aging. My hair returned to the original pearlized blonde of my youth after an adult colour of mousey brown as my dad called it. Others have asked for the colour that my stylist uses to get the same result.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information