Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance: "Shart Term" aka "Junk" Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    No kidding. The thought that we now have the birther in chief is mind boggling.
    This made me laugh!

My medications are life saving because they are for HBP and my heart. At 50 despite being thin and exercising a lot every day my doctor said it was a miracle I hadn’t had a stroke because my BP and resting heart rate was so high.My friend has serious restless legs and without medication she wouldn’t be able to drive, sleep, etc.

I'm lucky to have mostly (apparently) decent health, but if I were ever diagnosed with some chronic condition, I would do everything in my power to avoid drugs.

The longest-lived people I have known did without, and I've seen first hand several people whose life was either shortened or made barely livable by their dependence on pharmaceutical drugs. Careful reading of medical abstracts can be eye-opening.

I don’t disagree Jane as I think you need to be careful with drugs. Both my mom and her sister despite being healthy got HBP at age 31. My mom died a few months short of 90 and my aunt is still alive at 95 in her own apartment. Everyone on their side of the family gets it. My youngest son got it at 31 also. All my siblings have it.

Yppej
    TT did your mom and aunt start taking medication at age 31?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t disagree Jane as I think you need to be careful with drugs. Both my mom and her sister despite being healthy got HBP at age 31. My mom died a few months short of 90 and my aunt is still alive at 95 in her own apartment. Everyone on their side of the family gets it. My youngest son got it at 31 also. All my siblings have it.
    Ah, those genetic "gifts."

Y, yes they did as did my son.

Yppej
    I had not realized the meds have been around that long.

If there had not been any HBP medication back then neither would have lived because they had it bad like I do.

So I don’t know if everyone knows about GoodRx but their app saved me a lot of money. So my asthma medication copayment went from 32 to 318. Full price is 379. So I get the doctor to prescribe generic and my copay is 162. Ugh! Well after 3 weeks of not having it I definitely needed it having symptoms every day. So I get the app and I can get the generic for 92. No clue how they make their money but it really helped.

Thread Information