Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Electric Kettle

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, you might be better off with a thermal urn/pitcher that would keep your water hot. I looked at the kettles on Amazon and I only found one that keeps the water hot for 30 min. That’s the Cuisinart one and it’s $100. I can confirm it’s a nice one. We use it at my church for hot water for tea at coffee hour. Or did, pre-Covid.
    Hmm, this means another thing to sit on the counter of my tiny beverage center. Not sure about that.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.
    yes, and thanks.

Iris, you might be better off with a thermal urn/pitcher that would keep your water hot. I looked at the kettles on Amazon and I only found one that keeps the water hot for 30 min. That’s the Cuisinart one and it’s $100. I can confirm it’s a nice one. We use it at my church for hot water for tea at coffee hour. Or did, pre-Covid.
    Ok... simple living frugal suggestion..... Why not just put hot water in a Stanley thermos. I used to take with me all the time when working and it kept it hot for hours.

Although probably not conducive to your new abode?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Ok... simple living frugal suggestion..... Why not just put hot water in a Stanley thermos. I used to take with me all the time when working and it kept it hot for hours.

Although probably not conducive to your new abode?
    I will see. My idea of using electric kettle is to keep DH out of the tiny kitchen, away from the main microwave oven. There is room for 1 person there, not 2. The kettle would sit in the beverage station. In the end, perhaps a small microwave oven there will work just as well although I have had small ones and they don’t heat very fast.

I won’t be trying this for months since it is many months before this condo is finished.

It would be easy to have simple bodum with a small kettle. That way you can make tea or coffee in it but not at the same time, of course.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information