Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Customer tried to avoid addt値 China duties - caught by Customs :D

What absolutely baffles me is the insisting on us notifying the customer before we send the paperwork to CBP. It makes NO difference. Absolutely none. And to get in trouble like this for notifying customer immediately after sending to CBP is crazy.

Boss tells to me she doesn’t want to hear it when I remind her they did this to themselves. I repeatedly warned them this is fraud and that CBP would look closely at any sudden changes made at the same time as the increase China duties.

Now I’m being made out to be the bad guy because I sent the paperwork to CBP so quickly. I don’t have to dig through files like in the old days. It’s all uploaded to our system so very simple and quick to retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    What absolutely baffles me is the insisting on us notifying the customer before we send the paperwork to CBP. It makes NO difference. Absolutely none. And to get in trouble like this for notifying customer immediately after sending to CBP is crazy.

Boss tells to me she doesn’t want to hear it when I remind her they did this to themselves. I repeatedly warned them this is fraud and that CBP would look closely at any sudden changes made at the same time as the increase China duties.

Now I’m being made out to be the bad guy because I sent the paperwork to CBP so quickly. I don’t have to dig through files like in the old days. It’s all uploaded to our system so very simple and quick to retrieve.
    Oh I think you complying the same day that you get a request from CBP is reasonable, and for the reason you state. The documents CBP requested are at your fingertips.

But there is no point to telling your boss if they did this to themselves, just comply with CBP and remind everyone involved that is your obligation.

The troublesome Company head is angry and lashing out, and you’re falling into the sphere of his lashing out. That’s just what comes with that sort of mindset.

It seems like there are a couple of different problems here, and you conflate them at your peril, unfortunately. You are absolutely right, but it does you no good to remind the boss of that, unfortunately.

Yuck. I like the angle to keep reminding everyone that you are the broker, and you have to be in strict compliance, and that being in strict compliance helps the company. Or just try to do what's right and keep a very low profile about it.

Yuck.

Well, things have abruptly changed. My company’s big executive seems to have talked some sense into my boss. They didn’t end up visiting customer, who was also told that it can’t be reached via phone (guy could fake no being able to take our calls), we’ll advise him via email then send to Customs.

Guess I can live with that. It’s still crazy.

fingers crossed they have seen the light.

Thread Information