Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Spend On Groceries?

One thing that really helps is that Winco is cheaper than even Walmart. Of course it’s only in a few states. Food has went up because a few years ago we spent between 200-300/month. We also like to eat out and do it every week. It’s usually happy hour prices if you go between 3-5.

I would add Winco to the mix if it were closer. Maybe they'll open a store around here eventually. Also, Winco is employee-owned, if I'm not mistaken--big plus!

Aldi's (not even close yet) sounds wonderful, as well.

Yes Jane it’s employee owned. You have to bag your own groceries.

I went to Aldi's once and although the prices were good, it was an unimpressive shopping experience. The variety was very limited, basic stuff.

Winco is a huge store. So big that’s it’s a pain if you miss something and need to go back. Thankfully DH likes to grocery shop because I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I went to Aldi's once and although the prices were good, it was an unimpressive shopping experience. The variety was very limited, basic stuff.
    That's my thought as well although we go there fairly often. The prices on milk, eggs and most importantly pistachio nuts are better than anywhere else. I read somewhere recently that Aldi's will go full organic soon, that should make the crowd a bit crunchier when we visit.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You really do need to know your prices from store to store. I only shop Aldi's for certain things that are lower than even sale prices at my regular grocery store. Otherwise, I get most of my groceries - and non-perishables - at the grocery store, usually on sale, but definitely lower price that Aldi's. I think you are correct, rosarugosa, in that there is very limited variety and sometimes the prices on what they have are rather high.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Thatís a lot of potlucks Steve.
    Yeah. Something about dancing makes people want to eat....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

That makes sense. I actually am not a foodie and would rather spend money on other things. I am not a fan of potlucks because I am a fussy eater and I wonder about people’s cleanliness habits.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I would add Winco to the mix if it were closer. Maybe they'll open a store around here eventually. Also, Winco is employee-owned, if I'm not mistaken--big plus!
    Love Winco.

Also, some have noted eating out spent here. I thought this was groceries only so I did not include eating out.

Thread Information