Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCD Control Freaks

I have no advice, but I've noticed even normally stable people seem to be suffering from increasing anxiety lately. Good luck getting SSI--it can take years and several attempts--especially for mental issues that don't rise to the level of psychosis.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Each day must be exhausting. I used to find that if I went directly to exercise right after work and before getting home it wasn't as hard to do. However, I realize that might not be something you can do. I hhope you can find a way to get some peace. Even for just a little while each day. Sending hugs and peaceful thoughts.

I've noticed even normally stable people seem to be suffering from increasing anxiety lately.
    Me too.
    In situations like this, so important to have something that brings you moments of peace whatever that may be.

Once he gets on SSI he may qualify for group home living.

Yppej
    He has social anxiety and would not ever want to live in a group home. He would live in his car before he would go to a shared living situation. But I know people with SSI who have gotten rent subsidized apartments. I have had the I will not always be here talk but it hasn't persuaded him to appeal (deadline now past) or reapply. He has trouble even being around family members. If/when I retire and am home all day it would be hard for him. He lived with his grandparents for a while when he was not getting along with me and them being around all the time stressed him out to the point he was suicidal and had to be hospitalized for a few weeks, then he moved back in with me.

My goodness, Yppej, that is too much of a load for one person to carry indefinitely. Some self-care is really important for you in whatever form you think best.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information